OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your wood floors prefinished or stained? Like the color a lot!

Guys kill me with their autocad "sketches" of their future tank setups. (Probably cause I'm jealous) but mine always look just like yours! Very nice!
Thanks! The floors are LVT, I was happy with how they turned out.
I was telling my wife about people using software to design their tanks! Thankfully she was content with my artistry ;Hilarious
@Dsnakes
Congrats on getting your 125 and great job with the fish in the 55.
Love your layout on post #14.

It's a great build and Tagging along for the ride :)

Freddie
Thanks! I am anxious to get started on it.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the hat @Dsnakes We've been thinking about getting a flame or potter's angel, seeing your flame makes me want one even more. Lol. Things are progressing nicely man.
I was very indecisive on the flame or a coral beauty. I figured my wife would like the flame's colors better. I was surprised that he is the most shy in the tank. Perhaps because of the Sailfin. I was happy that nobody is being bullied that I have seen.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So excited to see this in place! :) Just primed so far. I will finish paint once the rest is built in. I can already envision it complete.

Going to cut out the baseboard section so it sits flush to the wall. The right side will be built over to meet the side wall for a built in look.

IMG_9217.JPG

IMG_9218.JPG

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look s great ! maybe leave enough space between tank & wall to slip the magnet for a powerhead ?
Ah..that's a really good idea. I definately want to keep the left viewing side clear. Would be nice o mount a powerhead on the back left. Thinking a gyre or something for top right.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah..that's a really good idea. I definately want to keep the left viewing side clear. Would be nice o mount a powerhead on the back left. Thinking a gyre or something for top right.

Looks very good! I'm jelly! Lol

Speaking of a gyre, I picked one up this afternoon, along with some GFO and salt. I placed it center tank, just under my returns. Center just lacked enough flow. Set to just move sand a little. Working nicely.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm puzzled now on what I want to do. I really want to set it flush to the wall. Debating placing a couple powerheads before the final placement, but what if the location of them doesn't work out...

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm puzzled now on what I want to do. I really want to set it flush to the wall. Debating placing a couple powerheads before the final placement, but what if the location of them doesn't work out...

It depends on your rock structures and what your wanting to keep. I have two RW15's, one on each side pointed up at the water surface running alternate wave pattern and now the gyre running constantly in the center.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on your rock structures and what your wanting to keep. I have two RW15's, one on each side pointed up at the water surface running alternate wave pattern and now the gyre running constantly in the center.
Yeah, I'm not sure on aquascape for the middle yet. @120reefkeeper has me thinking about incorporating some Stax rock somehow. Maybe going up the right wall to grow coral off of.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My flame angel 100% has velvet...I have to work all day tomorrow and not sure petsmart even has marine meds like copper. Only store near me. Sailfin is showing signs as well. Only imagine the rest are next. Ive only got a 10g spare tank. I suppose I can pull the rocks from this 55 and add copper... if I can find it ?

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New fish Friday should be a thing :rolleyes: Flame Angel and Yellow Tang with the future big tank crowd and a 6 line wrasse for the IM 20. (Yes I added them all without qt) please don't judge me ;Nailbiting

I am way too impulsive for my own good ;)
This is where it all went downhill. My dose of reef karma. For not following the #1 stressed rule of the hobby. QT...
Now I am battling velvet in all 6 fish, as opposed to just one.

This lesson will not be forgotten. I can only hope to save what fish I can. Sadly, my lesson is being learned with their lives at stake :(

Fifty8reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is where it all went downhill. My dose of reef karma. For not following the #1 stressed rule of the hobby. QT...
Now I am battling velvet in all 6 fish, as opposed to just one.

This lesson will not be forgotten. I can only hope to save what fish I can. Sadly, my lesson is being learned with their lives at stake :(
Hopefully they recover. Good luck

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far the fish are still doing ok. Waiting on cupramine and copper test kit delivery. Freshwater dip seemed to help the other night.

Getting first coat of paint on the stand today. I'm going to proceed with my plan to cut out the baseboard and join it to the wall.

I need to replaced the bulkheads in the overflows. Any tips to do this? Previous owner had them siliconed on but 2 of them freely spin and I would just prefer to replace. I'm not sure what size they even are.

He had the system plumbed with all soft tubing and I am going to attempt hard plumbing.

IMG_9237.JPG

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am happy to report that all fishes are still alive and going through copper for their velvet. They seem to be eating enough as well.

The most exciting news is getting the tank in the house and on the stand! Canopy is the next step :)

IMG_9309.JPG

IMG_9310.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back