Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a lot of trouble not buying coral/fish lately. I keep adding up shopping carts full. I got to thinking...what if every time I went to checkout with a bunch of coral, instead I bought a piece for a larger tank- Powerhead, return pump, light, skimmer, or such.

I’ve made a list/budget today of all required items to upgrade to a larger system.

Basically a little longer, knock most of the wall out so it’s viewable from 3 sides. Wishful thinking is 86” x 36” x 30”.

I think I could have all purchases other than the tank within a year. Then I would just need the tank and sump which would be purchased last when I am ready to make the move.

SAID NO REEFER, EVER ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s today’s FTS. A little Cyano on the sand. Need to clean the GHA off the back glass again. I’ve got a frag of GSP that came in today. I think I’ll glue it to the back glass.
3E4E8C4B-CA6A-4096-9243-D8CA0B06852C.jpeg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s today’s FTS. A little Cyano on the sand. Need to clean the GHA off the back glass again. I’ve got a frag of GSP that came in today. I think I’ll glue it to the back glass.
I love your scape. Looks alot like mine!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tank is looking fantastic man!! Love the Gorgi’s .. Nice job :)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been searching a bit today. Hard to find a male it seems. I’ll probably hold this one in a QT and keep checking Divers Den. I’m sure they’ll get another eventually. Then once a have a pair I’ll introduce them together in a separate tank before adding to display.

I probably shouldn’t have bid on this female, but it was impulsive after a few drinks :rolleyes:

They are a beautiful color fish and seem to be the best bet on a “reef safe” Angel.

Try marine collectors and ask Elliot Lim he may be able to get the male you seek.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...most are doing well. The little skinny FoxFace is sort of coasting around. He started out eating well and now he won’t. He just cruises past the algae or meaty food. The more I watch, I’m not sure about him. You can see he is paper thin.

image.jpg

I tried to get a foxface from LA (I have had nothing but luck there forever) but it only lived a couple of days. Skinny and didn’t eat. Maybe ammonia burn as I stupidly did a long acclimation drip prior to QT obs.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to get a foxface from LA (I have had nothing but luck there forever) but it only lived a couple of days. Skinny and didn’t eat. Maybe ammonia burn as I stupidly did a long acclimation drip prior to QT obs.

Don't beat yourself up about it, England calling I don't do qt.
We appear to have way less disease issues over here and generally in Europe.
I really wish I could understand your supply chain as your more prevalent disease issues do concern me.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't beat yourself up about it, England calling I don't do qt.
We appear to have way less disease issues over here and generally in Europe.
I really wish I could understand your supply chain as your more prevalent disease issues do concern me.

Simon,
Your best bet for fish in the States would be Ray @tsm corals
Brian at Reefwise has stopped selling online at this time.

It is a big issue in the States and it's just pitiful for livestock to be handled in that fashion.

(lol)
Sorry Nolan,
I step off the soap box.

:)

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should look into making your own being close to the sea, you should have a lot of choices on fresh seafood you can use. Probably save you a ton on food.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yey that would be about 2 weeks food for me! ;)
It used to be for me!
You should look into making your own being close to the sea, you should have a lot of choices on fresh seafood you can use. Probably save you a ton on food.
That’s a good idea. I do go buy a couple small pieces to cut up and freeze for the Eel. It would probably be super easy to process some different seafood items and vacuum seal and freeze. A lot cheaper too.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back