OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am FINALLY trying to tackle some incredibly gross wire monsters that have been driving me crazy.
IMG_8303.jpg

If you are OCD please look away. This is far from perfect, but gets things somewhat organized.
IMG_8302.JPG

I like the ATO mounted like this, however, it vibrates like crazy when it runs and it's loud.
IMG_8304.JPG

Tomorrow, I will organize and bundle the cords behind the mounted controls. I enclosed the bottom sides of the stand today. Tomorrow I will also be making doors for the front.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks great man! The TV looks nice above the tank. Looks like thdcacan grabbed a crab molt, pur trachy does that to the shrimp molts. Tank and corals look healthy and colorful.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to clean up the sandbed a bit. I started to notice a bit of cyano algae growing, so I wanted to open up the flow a bit.

Still a lot to do! Ordered some epoxy and gel glue to try and mount some more frags on the rock.
IMG_8327.JPG
IMG_8328.JPG

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Thanksgiving!

I placed my Black Friday purchase a couple days ago. 13 corals from Monterey Bay Corals. The few I'm most excited about are my first Acanthophyllia, a bleeding apple scoly, and a purple plate coral. I need to do some coral scaping to make room!!

Trying to stay on top of this cyano...it's frustrating. Just siphoning it and doing water changes. Anything else to help battle it? I've considered ordering chemi clean.

IMG_8349.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back