Dsnakes IM Fusion 20

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set this system up in February 2017 as a barebottom frag tank. It has since been moved to our new house (May 2017) and is now on its way to a little reef.

IM fusion 20g AIO
Ghost desktop skimmer
IM hydrofill ATO
Current USA Orbit loop system with
1 x 18" strip and 1 x 24" strip LEDs
3 x 660 gph powerheads
Arag alive sand and some general dryrock from LFS

Lots of Acans, a few Zoas, and a couple SPS. Pair of Snowflake Clowns and a Bangaii Cardinal

IMG_6089.JPG

IMG_6108.JPG

IMG_6296.JPG

IMG_7288.JPG

IMG_7367.JPG

IMG_7507.JPG

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7620.JPG
IMG_7633.JPG
IMG_7751.JPG
IMG_7753.JPG
IMG_7754.JPG
I had a return pump failure and ran a week on just powerheads. I finally replaced it with a Sicce 1.5, it was a pain trying to siphon all the stagnant water from the back chambers. However all inhabitants are still happy :)

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new corals from yesterday have puffed back up and seem happy. Here is an up to date full tank shot. It's a bit crowded with frags. I need to make my mind up on mounting locations!
IMG_7860.JPG
IMG_7861.JPG
IMG_7863.JPG
IMG_7864.JPG

IMG_7852.JPG

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Loop system so far? I have the eFlux return pump and two of the 1090 gal per hr flow pumps ready to go with my Laggon 50 but I haven't purchased lighting yet. I've been planning on a Hydra 26 but I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of using the ic pro lights and having everything working together. The Lagoon is only 16" deep so I'm thinking two of the pro lights would work for zoas and lps. Hard to know because they are never on display anywhere so I can see them in action. Even the stores that stock them don't run them on anything.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Loop system so far? I have the eFlux return pump and two of the 1090 gal per hr flow pumps ready to go with my Laggon 50 but I haven't purchased lighting yet. I've been planning on a Hydra 26 but I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of using the ic pro lights and having everything working together. The Lagoon is only 16" deep so I'm thinking two of the pro lights would work for zoas and lps. Hard to know because they are never on display anywhere so I can see them in action. Even the stores that stock them don't run them on anything.

It's very convenient to control it all together. The lights have grown everything well so far. There is a fair amount of shadowing. The light mount isn't the best, however it may work better with 2 of them for support. You can see from my pictures how they lean crooked.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very convenient to control it all together. The lights have grown everything well so far. There is a fair amount of shadowing. The light mount isn't the best, however it may work better with 2 of them for support. You can see from my pictures how they lean crooked.

Thanks for responding. Adding a second mount is probably a good idea. Do you have the pros or the regular ic lights? Disappointing to hear about the shadowing if you've got two of them over a relatively small tank. I saw the Hydra 26 over a Red Sea e260 at a local lfs recently that had two really large rbta's in it and they looked like they were doing great. Owner said he'd had them in there for about a year and he wasn't running the Hydra anywhere near full intensity. Being able to see that has pretty much convinced me that the Hydra 26 is the way to go but I keep coming back to the Currents just because of the other matching equipment and I like the way they sit lower over the tank with those mounts. I really don't expect to make many changes with the lights once it's programmed and dialed in so maybe matching them all up with the pumps isn't that big of a deal. I don't care about the weather features either so that's not a consideration. Can always add another Hydra if a single isn't working the way I expect. Not going to be keeping any sps so a second one probably won't be needed anyway.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice plate coral. My 9 year old wants your orange mushroom.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7890.JPG
So...not what I wanted to wake up and see this morning :( I'm not sure what happened, maybe it didn't fully heal after the siphon accident. Although that was the other head. It may follow this one. Looked fine lastnight.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back