OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the loop system on my IM 30L and have the lights sitting flush on top.
What light schedule are you running for colour/% intesity? I am still experimenting with my schedule...
I honestly have no idea. What sized lights do you have? I went with the mounts so I could adjust height and also work in the tank with the light on. I found that easier than with the little wire peg legs they came with. As for color/intensity.... I can't be of much help. I am running whatever stock program it came with. It comes on at 0600, seems to be an hour ramp up. Not sure what intensities it does throughout the day, but lights start ramping down around 1700 and are blues and moonlight until midnight. Then they turn off for 6 hours.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is strange, but all of my plates move to be with each other. They always want to touch. I'm thinking it's because of their ability to sexually reproduce? Just a guess.
Bow chicka bow wow...;)

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up the second light mount today. I'm happy with the results. Holds the lights even.
IMG_8592.JPG

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed my Scoly was being stung by something this morning. You can see the skeleton on the left side. I moved him over and hope it recovers.
IMG_8694.JPG

I believe this guy is the culprit. I noticed he has a couple longer sweepers that have started to come out from the back side. They seem larger in diameter and have a more pronounced tip. Didn't get a picture of them though.
IMG_8695.JPG

BC-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly have no idea. What sized lights do you have? I went with the mounts so I could adjust height and also work in the tank with the light on. I found that easier than with the little wire peg legs they came with. As for color/intensity.... I can't be of much help. I am running whatever stock program it came with. It comes on at 0600, seems to be an hour ramp up. Not sure what intensities it does throughout the day, but lights start ramping down around 1700 and are blues and moonlight until midnight. Then they turn off for 6 hours.

I have the 36 inch with the two strips and they fit perfectly on the IM30L. I have been considering the mounting brackets though as it would be more convenient than lifting them on/off every time you want to get in the tank.

I have been ramping my light schedule up slowly but i do like the look of more actinic and less white. Hard to argue the schedule you are using with how well your corals are doing. I have managed to keep algae at bay with not going over 40% on the intensity for the whites. so far the LPS seem to be growing well but the tank is only 3 mos old at the moment.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting day ahead!

IMG_8730.JPG

Don't worry, there is much much more than just this awesome green plate! Still dipping and acclimating :)
IMG_8731.JPG

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New crowded FTS :)
IMG_8740.JPG

My first 2 Trachys
IMG_8741.JPG
IMG_8742.JPG

Little green plate and big green plate
IMG_8743.JPG
IMG_8744.JPG

First of probably many ricordeas!
IMG_8745.JPG

Probably 15 different zoas, some digis, stylos, and red dragon acro as well, but too hard to get a good photo of them!

Also a few montis :) and my first chalice!

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love at first sight. I hope the Trachy will put up with them. You can see one clown in the right side of him snuggled up. The other swam up when I tried to take the picture.
IMG_8747.JPG

arnallop3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice additions very beautiful corals. My brother has a trachy and those things expand a lot from one day to the next depending how happy or how they like the light. His closes a bit under acitinics.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back