Dsuny LED 48" light system coming!

FishStixTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am just starting my 75gal saltwater build, I ordered the Dsuny programmable dimmable lights system. I should get it in the next few days and I plan on doing a extensive review on them. I owned a 150 tall in the past and had this light system before, I enjoyed it and made a huge difference. I wanted to know what other people thought about these lights?

Subscribe to my YouTube channel here-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-eEUJftjh8BLIvUqvHmjhQ

lachelt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am just starting my 75gal saltwater build, I ordered the Dsuny programmable dimmable lights system. I should get it in the next few days and I plan on doing a extensive review on them. I owned a 150 tall in the past and had this light system before, I enjoyed it and made a huge difference. I wanted to know what other people thought about these lights?

I got my Dsuny lights a couple of weeks ago (48" to go above my 75gal, in the hood). I currently FOWLR, but got the lights so I can begin to get corals. They seem to be working fine (with a couple of quirks).

There is supposedly an Android version of the control software, but I've still not installed it yet.
1) the app is not in the Play store, which makes me nervous about installing it
2) I scanned the QR code on the box to download it that link didn't work
3) I requested it via email, they said "sorry that one isn't working" and sent another QR code to scan. It's email for crying out loud... they should have just sent me a URL.
4) I finally got the file downloaded... it's called "Turing-1.4.apk". Seems sort of a strange name.
5) When I click it my phone warns me that it has blocked "installation of apps obtained from unknown sources". I have to bypass that builtin security process to install the app. That's the next thing that makes me nervous.
6) So I tentatively do that "for this installation only" and continue.
7) Then my phone tells me... "Do you want to install this application? It will get access to: directly call phone numbers".

I'm nervous about getting a virus or a rogue app on my phone. Why should an application that is going to communicate via wifi to a programmable light need the ability to make a phone call? So I cancelled the installation.

As for the lights themselves. Their fit and finish is excellent. They worked great out of the box. I was able to to use the controller to manually set it up.

Oddities:
1) I tried out the "Storm mode". During the lightening the lights go completely black and then flash intermittently. I sort of assumed that during the storm, there would be some light (perhaps like the moon lights) and then the rest of the lights would flash. During the daytime I would not expect the lights to ever go completely black. After a late afternoon "storm" the lights were completely off, and didn't come back on until the morning.

2) I tried out the "Cloudy mode", and set some clouds to come in at 4:30pm and stay cloudy for 45 minutes. When I look around dinner time I find that the lights are completely off (0%). And they won't come back on until the morning. I don't know if it has to do with the "Cloudy" setting, or if the lights are just going wonky.

3) It doesn't seem that there is anyway to override the programming and just turn on/off the lights. That seems like a big oversight. Maybe if I get the application installed on my phone there will be a way to do it.

Obviously, Storm and Cloudy modes are a novelty, and if those don't really work, then I'm fine with it. But I sort of figure that they've had a couple of years to get this working, and these kind of anomalies should have been encountered and fixed before now.

I'd love someone to give me confidence that the app won't do bad things to my phone.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Oliver, product manager at DSunY.

very thank you for your detail description about the useing- experience.

---I'm nervous about getting a virus or a rogue app on my phone. Why should an application that is going to communicate via wifi to a programmable light need the ability to make a phone call? So I cancelled the installation.

Please there is a function of contact us by phone call or message, so the app want right of phone. Yes, I agree that. it is really

not good design concept, not only the right issue, but also I always get call at mid-night. please think about that, just weak up from a deep sleep and then answer all kinds of technical question from all the world by no-mother-tongue. ...oh...
In the next version. I will try my best to push R&D give up this function. :)

--the app is not in the Play store, which makes me nervous about installing it
There is app in apples store. search "DSunY". But no android store,because the internet restriction and google limitation, it is impossible for us to upload the app.

There are 3 ways to get the app of android.
1, the URL link. http://yk3.gokuai.com/file/ql5dl5oTuring2.apk: http://yk3.gokuai.com/file/ql5dl5oo#
User manual: http://yk3.gokuai.com/file/2wcoxzgf#
2, Scan the QR code
3, contact "[email protected]" and will mail to you the newest version.

--I'm nervous about getting a virus or a rogue app on my phone.
Please as you see there is only call right requirement even no "reading contact list requirement" , so the app is really safe.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
二维码整体(20180815).jpg

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
---I finally got the file downloaded... it's called "Turing-1.4.apk". Seems sort of a strange name.
Turing is the controller name to express our respect "Alan Mathison Turing" . :)
Now the newest version is 2.0.

Joe bauman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 of their wifi led lights over my 120 and I love them. The app is safe. I run it on my Samsung note 8 without issue. Programming is nice once you figure it out

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using the DSuny lights on my 75 for about a month now. Have been very pleased so far. Love the control of the four channels and the preset acclimation mode worked very well with our anemone.
Not so crazy about the weather effects with exception of the lunar cycle which is very cool. Clouds are ok but don’t roll across the tank which would be sweet just dim all lights at once. The lightening to me is unusable, it just shuts all lights off and flashes whites which just gives family and myself a headache. Weather effects were not top off my list so for price and what you can do with these lights over four channels and the lunar cycle and accl8mation mode very happy.

Last edited:

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
amazing nice tank cabin !

I suggest "slow acclimation mode " when you first put coral and fish in it.
The function of slow acclimation is help the coral and fish slowly suite the new environment. there is short time and weak lighting. So the coral is more sleep and rest.
there is no moon light in this mode.

Normally 2-3 weeks is enough for this suitable. but if temp or water ph is not good, I suggest longer time.
Then the vivid color or seasonal mode.

if you program your own mode, attached are chart of acclimation for your reference. slow acclimation.jpg

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to explain the cloudy and storm, have to first explain the software level.
attached picture how the level
模式优先级.PNG

The cloudy and Storm run base on a normal mode just like nature. for exemple, today is summer and at 1:30, there middle cloudy and 1:45 there is a 3 minutes strom.
So set the cloudy :start time 1:30, run SOME minutes, the level is middle. and storm :start time 1:45 run 3 minutes...

The middle cloudy is not a fix value, in fact, it is 60% of current dim value. so, same middle cloudy is not same result. it also up to the current status.
So when there is no light , such as night, when cloudy come , can see nothing;

We design this function is not for cool, there is some fish ,which only egg after storm.. To make them more suitable with the tank, we simulate this function.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any question about the controller. ;-)

Oldsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought the latest 2019 "Pop Bloom" 2 x 75 cm for my 6 foot tank.and the program mode doesn't work no matter what date and time I set. I don't have the wifi one so I set it up on the controller. Makes no difference if I use preset or programing - lights come on 0500 and off 1900 regardless !

Here's my emails correspondence so far:

Dear Demi,

I'm still having problems and need your help please.

Here are my program settings (I do not use moon) the reason I don't use moon is because the lunar lights stay on all night regardless of the date and time. I don't want moonlight all night long. Even your lunar cycle keeps them on all night long.

Ch1
0000-0%/0800-0%/0900-15%/1100-50%/1300-75%/1500-60%/1800-35%/2100-0%

Ch2
0000-0%/0800-0%/0900-20%/1100-40%/1300-60%/1500-40%/1800-20%/2100-0%

Ch3
0000-0%/0800-0%/0900-15%/1100-50%/1300-75%/1500-60%/1800-35%/2100-0%

Ch4
0000-0%/0800-0%/0900-15%/1100-60%/1300-85%/1500-70%/1800-30%/2100-0%

Moon off

Cloud and storm off

Dare and time makes no difference. I tried everything

The lights still come on 0500 and go off at 1900 no matter what I do!

Why?

Please help me.

Thank you
Bill A

On Fri, 12 Apr. 2019, 21:18 Bill Alexander, <[email protected]> wrote:
I'm sorry to say that it does not work! The light turn off at 1900 hours no matter what program I set it to. I have to manually turn them back on until 2100 when I programmed them to go to 0%. Then every morning they turn on at 0500 even with the program set at 0% all channels until 0900 when I want it to start at lo percent until 1200 when I want full lights.

I went through every YouTube video and it does not work!
I even tried to change the date and time to "fool" it. It still turns off at 1900 and back on at 0500 no matter what date is in. There is something wrong with the programming. It makes absolutely no sense.

Please help me! Is there a software update that you can use? When was the last time you updated this faulty software?
I need your help please

Thank you

On Wed, 10 Apr. 2019, 10:22 吴宏飘, <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello William

Here attach the setting of channel1.

If there is any questions or problem, please feel free to contact me directly, I will be always here for help.

Best regards
Demi
Mux4Zj6OYd1KB-xUz6Q1yDTr8jI9tvZHi_nfml_GoKvoK6h71jrKxS0j8uKXbBfrG6CStvJZczJIUW4mHqp0hoWmqEmE5vmbK9kptjxMUQ=s0-d-e1-ft
从腾讯企业邮箱发来的超大附件

VID_20190409_110517_cps.mp4
(5.17M, 2019年05月09日 11:17 到期)
进入下载页面

Last edited:

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Oldsalt,

Would please check the moon setting. There are 3 type of moon setting night.
1, run the moon as your program or preset mode. ( according mode set)
2, run the moon auto lunar way, (lunar moon)
3, no moon during the night.
I guess you choice the 3. please try 1.
Please menu->moon set -> according mode set.

Also please the moon time also can be set in the following
menu->moon set -> moon time. set the start moon time and end moon time.

Oldsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cibt
Hello Oldsalt,

Would please check the moon setting. There are 3 type of moon setting night.
1, run the moon as your program or preset mode. ( according mode set)
2, run the moon auto lunar way, (lunar moon)
3, no moon during the night.
I guess you choice the 3. please try 1.
Please menu->moon set -> according mode set.

Also please the moon time also can be set in the following
menu->moon set -> moon time. set the start moon time and end moon time.
OK will try according to mode set and see what happens.

This is so confusing.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, I just notice you say the mode is "moon off" ;-)

Let me explain.
when you choice moon off, it means there is no moon during the moon time. this function is for the tank which is in bedroom.
so you should choice "according mode set". then all light will run as your setting.

BTW, you are good understand how to program the light. the curve is really nice to simulate the sunrise and sunset.

Oldsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, I just notice you say the mode is "moon off" ;-)

Let me explain.
when you choice moon off, it means there is no moon during the moon time. this function is for the tank which is in bedroom.
so you should choice "according mode set". then all light will run as your setting.

BTW, you are good understand how to program the light. the curve is really nice to simulate the sunrise and sunset.
I turned the moon to "according to mide" and it looks good! I had no idea that the moon setting affected the program mode.

It nearly 2130 now and it's on 1 percent
You cannot change a program time before the actual time because that time has already passed..

I think I'm getting the hang of this better now

Tomorrow I am changing all times for 3 hours interval (8 x 3= 24 hours)

I think I can make the curve much smoother. When I wake up I will reprogram it all. Now I think I understand it more.
Thank you for that tip I was going crazy!

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
--You cannot change a program time before the actual time because that time has already passed..
Please the controller time is means how the controller run. it can be different with real time.
For example, if you want to see your tank run under PRESET mode after you go back home for work. you can delay the controller time (offset). such as now it is 21:30, you can set the controller time 09:30, there is 12 hours delay. then it runs as the noon setting.

So you can set the controller time step by step: 20:30, 19:30,18:30 to check. :)

Back