Dsuny lighting?

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone had any experience using the Chinese Dsuny led lighting? Found some on eBay within my price range and all seems to be good with having a WiFi app and can control each colour and make lunar cycle etc.
Just curious If these Chinese lights are actually worth it with good colour and coral growth

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about those light but went with the Hydra 26 hd light. I my reading I did not see to much good about the lights.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get the hydras but just can’t justify the price I think I would need three of them to cover a 4ft tank which is a lot of money.

I have two for a 4 foot tank. As I stated, I was thinking about the D sun and started with the current orbit marine. I ended up replacing the Orbit Marine for the reason I need a good light for healthy coral growth, instead spending $700 us I spent $1000 us at the time.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had two set up on a 6' long FOWLR tank (equaling 72 inches) since January. My tank is 25" wide, so there are dim spots depending on if I move the light forward or backward over the tank. I have also had trouble with the light turning off at unprogrammed times. I'm guessing it overheats and needs to cool down. I got this light because my majestic angel is supposed to fair better with lights provided for coral. I have not played with the settings as I don't have coral. I just set it on one of the preprogrammed settings and run it from there. So far, I'm not impressed.

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had two set up on a 6' long FOWLR tank (equaling 72 inches) since January. My tank is 25" wide, so there are dim spots depending on if I move the light forward or backward over the tank. I have also had trouble with the light turning off at unprogrammed times. I'm guessing it overheats and needs to cool down. I got this light because my majestic angel is supposed to fair better with lights provided for coral. I have not played with the settings as I don't have coral. I just set it on one of the preprogrammed settings and run it from there. So far, I'm not impressed.[/]

Hmm I feel I’ve read more unimpressed reviews than good so I’m probably going to give it a miss. Why are decent lights so dang expensive

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are many many light for marine and coral tank. The advantage of DSunY is the product design concept
1, no fan version for best cover and no tiny shady spot even at the corner of the bottom. also save almost 40% energy power.
2, fan version for easy and cheaper shipping and deep tank more than 1 meter.
3, Smart: basic set dim for each channel and advantage for lunar, program each channel, storm and cloudy. it is not only amazing cool but also useful unless you like turn on/off your light ever day.
4, modular: flexible place and adding module for your tank. it is very useful because when your tank is more bloom, you need more strong light.
5, color and spectrum: due to 4 channels, it is easy to compose to many applications such as "after coral fragging", "the first 2 weeks of new tank" , "fast grow" , in fact, there is such preset mode of it.

As I know, it is the top 1 sell (quantity ) in led aquarium light on marine and coral market.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please the 2019 new version will be launched.

H7亮灯图.jpg

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please let us think about a fact. is there a company who update their light every year in this small market ?
Maybe this just show who try their best to help hobbies build a prefect tank.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the upper is the 2019 newest version.

the Bate version for next version of fan will be Oct. as time schedule
1, it is 45cm length. combine the advantages of fan and no fan.
2, there is no cords between controller and panel. the communication way is just like bluetooth.
3, more function in controller.

Bate version is only half price and only for VIP.

alfani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Oliver,
What would the new version be like for LED layout, would it have only blue settings and about how many LED in the 45cm length?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 87 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back