Dual reactor help

RedRaiderReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a BRS dual reactor that I am having problems getting right. I bought it used and after cleaning it up and getting it installed it couldn't get any water through it. I chalked it up the pump that came with it being bad, so I replaced it with a slightly bigger one. Water still just barely trickled through and I couldn't get the gfo to tumble so I got a bigger pump again. Same problem, couldn't get the gfo to tumble with the 400 gph so I bought a new 675 gph and replaced it thinking maybe the way I plumbed it in was too much of a rise or run for the pump. Now I'm still barely getting a trickle and cant get the GFO to tumble. Anyone had this problem and found a fix?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a BRS dual reactor that I am having problems getting right. I bought it used and after cleaning it up and getting it installed it couldn't get any water through it. I chalked it up the pump that came with it being bad, so I replaced it with a slightly bigger one. Water still just barely trickled through and I couldn't get the gfo to tumble so I got a bigger pump again. Same problem, couldn't get the gfo to tumble with the 400 gph so I bought a new 675 gph and replaced it thinking maybe the way I plumbed it in was too much of a rise or run for the pump. Now I'm still barely getting a trickle and cant get the GFO to tumble. Anyone had this problem and found a fix?

Soak the entire thing in vinegar, switch out all the lines, probably stuff build up all over that hardened.

OP
OP
RedRaiderReefer

RedRaiderReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soak the entire thing in vinegar, switch out all the lines, probably stuff build up all over that hardened.
I soaked it in vinegar for a week, and replaced all the fittings and tubing. Ill double check theres no build up inside the the head.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, it sounds like it is clogged. Might have a snail shell or something along those lines stuck in the tubing.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back