Dual Return Pump Plumbing Help

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m still, after almost a year, designing my system. One of the few pieces of equipment I have yet to acquired is the return pump(s) and I’m thinking of going with a dual setup. I’ll probably get Varios4’s. Do you plumb both of them to a manifold? Is it a good idea to put in check valves? Any help, pictures, diagrams, etc. is much appreciated!

- Billy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not entirely sure, but I would plump them with ball valves in areas where if one fails you can make so that one can flow through all pipes.
Individual pies coming from top of individual pump with gate valves on each to manage flow.
Tee with ball valve connecting both pipes. Ball valve allows one pump to push water to both returns or keep one pump running one return.
Manifold coming off one return above the tee. Manifold needs a gate valve to control flow.
Each pipe then goes to tank.
I hope this helps.

OP
OP
Eye H8 Empty V

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running 2 return lines would be awesome but I've only got one bulkhead drilled for the return and I don't want to go over the tank with an additional one. Does anyone have diagrams with how they've run theirs? This seems to be a somewhat new concept, at least to me.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back