Dueling Planted Nanos

I love this set up

Maybe Pictus blenny for saltwater?
GDBuzXy.jpg

kuH0nea.jpg

Wow! That's a beautiful fish! Never seen that before. Going to see if I can find it.
 
What's your objection to CO2? I have CO2 on my 45 gallon and its set it and forget it. I change the tank every year and a half. Excel IMO is more hassle since you have to dose every day. Well... ok... maybe not so much if you had a doser. I love minuta. So low maintenance, low growing, and yet grows like crazy.

My main thing is that I hate any hardware going into the tank that doesn't need to be there. Most plants I've found really don't need additional CO2 to grow- it does help though. I just don't want it in my tanks. My tanks of choice only have heater (if needed but cool water natives are great), a filter, and a light. Even better are no-tech windowsill jars and tanks.

A compromise of sorts for me are ripariums- absolute nutrient sponges that look great, limited/ basically no additional tech, and allows me to grow a much wider variety of plants. Including land plants
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new