Duncan 5 heads all at ones?

gdimaandal

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
12
Location
Missouri City
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it what I think it is? I mean 5 heads all at the same time.

PXL_20260620_205748491.jpg PXL_20260620_205824249.jpg
 
Yep. My single head duncan popped out about 5 heads all the way around the perimeter all at once.
Since then, it just keeps on going.

This was about 2.5 years ago:
duncan_buds1.JPG



This is more recent:
clown_duncan1.JPG
 
Yep. My single head duncan popped out about 5 heads all the way around the perimeter all at once.
Since then, it just keeps on going.

This was about 2.5 years ago:
duncan_buds1.JPG



This is more recent:
clown_duncan1.JPG
that is huge! is that clownfish? mine is picking on my duncan a lot.
 
Last edited:
that is huge! is that clownfish? mine is picking on my duncan a lot.
I think clowns bite at anemones when they're first exploring them as a potential host.
Mine did the same to my duncan for quite a while. I thought it was a goner but it survived and eventually the clown left it alone. Much later, when the duncan was big enough, the clown now hangs out in it.

I started a post about the biting some time back here if you're interested:
Clown Biting Duncan Tentacles
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new