Duncan coral closed or dead?

Wc_aquariums

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2020
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got given a Duncan coral today for free from my local fish store because it has been closed for a week and hasn’t opened, I’m just wondering if anyone has run into this before, it’s been in my tank for 8 hours now and still no changes. I tried putting in some amino acids and still nothing

All other corals are happy and looking good

Tank parameters
Salinity - 1.025
Alk - 9
PH - 8.3
Cal - 420

image.jpg
 
There is still tissue so not dead. . . but not looking the best. Polyps are pulled into the skeleton very tightly. . . ? What are N and P?
 
Got given a Duncan coral today for free from my local fish store because it has been closed for a week and hasn’t opened, I’m just wondering if anyone has run into this before, it’s been in my tank for 8 hours now and still no changes. I tried putting in some amino acids and still nothing

All other corals are happy and looking good

Tank parameters
Salinity - 1.025
Alk - 9
PH - 8.3
Cal - 420

image.jpg

There is still tissue so not dead. . . but not looking the best. Polyps are pulled into the skeleton very tightly. . . ? What are N and P?
Yea it’s really closed up. And phos is 0.014 and nitrates at 5
 
My colony stay close for weeks and opened again
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new