Duncan issues

Discussion in 'General LPS Discussion' started by Paxthemax, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Paxthemax

Paxthemax Member

I've had this Duncan for approx 6 months. It went from 3 heads to 13 heads and was doing great. Now it looks like this and hasn't opened in 3 days. What is wrong and any way for me to save It?

Calc 420
    Phos 0
    Kh 8/143.2
    Nitrate 10
    Amonia 0
    Sg 1.025/33.5
    Temp 78

I did a 10 gallon water change on Saturday when it happened. All of the other corals are still open and doing great. Could adding rodi to top it off to close to coral cause It?
    20180306_101438.jpg

Tags:

2. Crabs Mcjones

Crabs Mcjones Moderator With Training Wheels Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Partner Member 2018 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

It is possible if the top off water was colder than your tank water, and the sudden drop in salinity right around the coral could upset it. Do you have a sump? its better to put your top off water in the sump were it can mix into your saltwater before it gets to your fish or coral.

Mal11224 likes this.
  3. Paxthemax

Paxthemax Member

I do normally add the top off to the sump but I wasn't thinking and added it right to the tank this time. The trash can I keep my water in is unheated as well so that probably didn't help either.

Mal11224 and Crabs Mcjones like this.
  4. Mal11224

Mal11224 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Partner Member 2018 Build Thread Contributor

I agree with crabs. It's possible the TO irritated it but they usually bounce back. Just takes some time.

Draft saved Draft deleted