Duncan Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter eheldreth
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eheldreth

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2022
Messages
37
Reaction score
72
Location
Fairmont, WV
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started this duncan with two heads about 8 months ago and its up to seven heads. A couple of the babies are against the rock and I was curious if I should propagate them to their own spot on the rock or keep the colony together. Any opinions from the wisened reefers hanging out here?

20230506_122221.jpg
20230506_122019.jpg
 
For now, I would say you can leave it as it is.
Perhaps when the polyps get bigger and you see they are bothered by it you could give them their own place.
 
As it gets bigger, many heads will die off as new heads grow. Leave it be. Only thing you need to really watch, if the green connecting tissue between the heads doesn't start to recede. That tissue is what connects each head to the other, and the way they share nutrients.

Mine is about the size of a soccer ball now, I have just as many dead heads at the bottom, as I have new heads growing at the top.
 
As it gets bigger, many heads will die off as new heads grow. Leave it be. Only thing you need to really watch, if the green connecting tissue between the heads doesn't start to recede. That tissue is what connects each head to the other, and the way they share nutrients.

Mine is about the size of a soccer ball now, I have just as many dead heads at the bottom, as I have new heads growing at the top.
Mine is going through this, I had no idea the heads will die off like that, it lost about 4 big heads but there's new heads growing. Thought something wrong with my parameters.
 
Mine is going through this, I had no idea the heads will die off like that, it lost about 4 big heads but there's new heads growing. Thought something wrong with my parameters.

Agreed, thank's homer1475. I had no idea they would lose heads like that normally. I would have been worried.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new