Duncan stinging Other Duncan?

  • Thread starter Thread starter moretor1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

moretor1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2024
Messages
409
Reaction score
240
Location
Lexington
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, during the process of figuring out why my turbinaria was upset i made the mistake of setting it too close to both my duncan corals, I noticed the turbinaria giving off an ooze which i think may have been chemical warfare

My larger duncan was slightly injured and the turbinaria was hurt pretty bad in the process, but there was another odd consequence

My small duncan is an og coral from when i first got my tank, it has lost its entire flesh band and receded before recovering once already. It had been slowly recovering but suddenly overnight the flesh band broke on the side closest to the large duncan and has receeded everywhere that faces it now

Is it possible my turbinaria made my duncan aggressive towards another weaker duncan? I've seen a couple threads on intraspecies chemical warfare but nothing concrete

would love to know if anyone has had similar experiences
 
I had one Duncan attack the other. Moved it and things went well. Good luck
My small one seems to be doing better now

I finally had just gotten them secured to the rock good too. Now I gotta set it upright every morning cause my conch knocks it over
 
My Duncan often “chews on” the arms of a torch I have next to it and touches other corals with no issues.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new