Dust in my Tank

Chorse Momma

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbia Station, Oh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately my tank loks like it needs to be dusted inside of it. I have a 180 running Beans Animal overflow, using primarly T5's for lighting.Also have an ETSS skimmer( forgot the exact model # but it is well suited to the tank size). I have 2 3/4" Sea Swirls on either side of the tank, 3 mp40's. I do have have alot of live rock, lots of crabs, few snails, 2 rather god sized urchins, 3 gobies, 4 clowns,triger, 2 B. Cardinals, 1 tang, 1 morish idol, 1 cb butterfly and a smaller angelfish. I do not think that my tank is overstocked. But when cleaning, I can see at times, small 'plumes' of dust or fine silt in the rock get blown out. It usually settels at the bottom of the tank (or in the rock crevices). I'm sure if I could wiggle in some filter socks to the hoses bringing in the water from the tank I can eliminate this???
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new