dwaft seahorses

dariba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi not sure how to ask ? Had a tank setup for dwaf seahorses. Got Hydrozoa to the point of killing some seahorses, setup a small tank moved them.The new tank has new water not cycled. There ok for now. I hear fenbendazole will fix old tank is this the same as the dog dewormer? Can I just keep changing water in new tank to keep nitrates down,while treating other tank? Used dry rock and sponge filter in old tank. I"m going to take snail and anything live out. Any info would be great , never had this problem before, added snails ect. came in on that Thank you

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi dariba,

I kept erectus seahorses and have not kept dwarf seahorses, (except a hitch hiker dwarf that came with a shipment of grass shrimp) so I am not an experienced keeper of DSHs.

However I did keep the hitchhiker pony several months in a vase and did water changes to keep the water quality up. The vase had no filtration, no biological filter, just an open airline tube for aeration. So, I believe if you are diligent with water changes, your herd should be ok while you treat their original tank. Again, I am not experienced in this so ask others who might be better resources than myself.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

dariba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi dariba,

I kept erectus seahorses and have not kept dwarf seahorses, (except a hitch hiker dwarf that came with a shipment of grass shrimp) so I am not an experienced keeper of DSHs.

However I did keep the hitchhiker pony several months in a vase and did water changes to keep the water quality up. The vase had no filtration, no biological filter, just an open airline tube for aeration. So, I believe if you are diligent with water changes, your herd should be ok while you treat their original tank. Again, I am not experienced in this so ask others who might be better resources than myself.
THANK YOU VERY MICH,WASN'T SURE.HAVEN'T HAD SEAHORSES in over 20 years. I know thing go bad fast . Funny never had a problem before,same with freshwater fish. Had all these tanks for the babies finally had to give them away. I should have gave the tanks away too. Said all this empty tanks,why not seahorses and freshwater fish again. Fish got ich, got through that , seahorses hyros hopefully get through.Been keeping reef tanks for 20 years ,and saltwaterfish so far so good. I just forgot everything else, again thank you

Upvote 0

hikermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To answer your question, yes it is dog dewormer and there's a lot of confused people on forums trying to tell others how much there is in a capsule for proper dosing.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back