OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the mesh tube that you have the nori rubber banded to? I've seen people call it standpipe mesh. That looks like a great way to do it. I use the two little fishies clip.

LFS. And it is a great way. Provides them a hard surface to peck on

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so after a morning from hell (frozen over). I can finally post some pics and tell of my experience here.

So a couple weeks ago, I ordered a Blonde Naso Tang and a Magnificant Foxface along with 10 Nass Snails and a Scarlet Cleaner shrimp. Well with all this crappy weather we've been having, I ended up delaying the shipping until Monday, receiving Tuesday (today). Well of course Sunday I figure out that we are having winter storms here in Shreveport, so I delayed some coral shipments and my clowns, I completely spaced my order from Blue Zoo...Until I get the email saying fedex had picked them up last night. I of course freak out and feel like an idiot.

Well I kinda stayed up all last night and watch the tracking. They were coming from CA. 3am they hit Ft. Worth, and then 5am they hit Shreveport. I was impressed, thought that well Ft. Worth was supposed to be worse than Shreveport, so maybe they will get them to me. Wrong. I finally figure out at 10:30 that I better check the tracking again, just to see that there is no expected delivery today. Fedex wasn't delivering in shreveport today. So I run down to fedex and basically argue with a rude lady and finally get them to give me my fish. This is at 11:15am.

I get them home and open them up and the foxface looks bad...white splotches everywhere, very stressed. The bags were moderately cold. Heat packs still had some heat left to them. The Naso has white spots on both sides, I can't figure out if its Ich or just stress. Now that I finally have them acclimated, that took 3 hours. I'm going to wait to see if they dissappear. They are in CP in my 40g QT immediately.

Here's a pic. Best I could work with. They didn't want to cooperate.

Armon_p

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you manage to keep the Achilles ick free in a reef? Because they are really tough to treat because they don't acclimate well

Armon_p

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then when you put him in the reef, what stops him from getting ick again, I'm just trying to learn so my next Achilles is my last one I have to buy

eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The goal is to have an ich free tank. Qt everything before it goes in the DT so you don't introduce any parasites.

Armon_p

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I wish I did that earlier :(! But what about controlling it if it's there?

eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull your fish out and qt them. Keep them out of your DT for 72 days minimum to starve out any ich. Most recommend a fallow period of 72 days.

Armon_p

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But no one has a problem with ick, it's just a possibility that my new Achilles will have ick, and only him. My other fish have been ick free for over 6 months

eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should read in the fish disease section. Humblefish has some good reads about diseases and qt.

Armon_p

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the achillles? And what's your view on fox faces eating polyps?

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[video=youtube;XjlrChbWSPI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjlrChbWSPI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

MounteeFrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second to last picture, frag bottom left. In video i thought I saw an aptasia under the frag plug. Everything is looking good.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back