Dwarf Lemon peel angel dying?

tylr_am

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lemon peel angel has had their color fading from yellow to white they are also not eating and aren’t as energetic as usual water parameters are perfect had it for over a month please help

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lemon peel angel has had their color fading from yellow to white they are also not eating and aren’t as energetic as usual water parameters are perfect had it for over a month please help
Yes - we need a clear video under white lights, as well as other background information. Please read this post:

Jay

OP
OP
T

tylr_am

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - we need a clear video under white lights, as well as other background information. Please read this post:

Jay

Attachments

• IMG_0606.mov
    29.4 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, that angel is seriously ill. Its eyes are cloudy and it is breathing really fast, and cannot get up off the bottom very well. The core issue could be a disease known as velvet, or it could be gill flukes. Given that you've had the fish for some time, I would say it is more likely to be flukes. It is VERY difficult to treat fish with severe fluke infections like this... you can give the fish a 5 minute freshwater dip and the flukes will all fall off, but then, there will be a hole in the fish's skin wherever there was a fluke, and if there are a lot of flukes, the fish will literally bleed out. Still, if you don't do anything, the fish is going to die pretty quickly.

Jay

OP
OP
T

tylr_am

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, that angel is seriously ill. Its eyes are cloudy and it is breathing really fast, and cannot get up off the bottom very well. The core issue could be a disease known as velvet, or it could be gill flukes. Given that you've had the fish for some time, I would say it is more likely to be flukes. It is VERY difficult to treat fish with severe fluke infections like this... you can give the fish a 5 minute freshwater dip and the flukes will all fall off, but then, there will be a hole in the fish's skin wherever there was a fluke, and if there are a lot of flukes, the fish will literally bleed out. Still, if you don't do anything, the fish is going to die pretty quickly.

Jay
Will it spread to my other fish whatever it is?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it spread to my other fish whatever it is?

Yes - but if they don't have severe symptoms, you'll have time to treat them. Did you try the dip?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back