Dwarf Nassarius snails seem to be breeding!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,689
Reaction score
2,290
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 5 or 6 of these guys when I first cycled my tank. I think they were one of the first CUC members I added. This is the variety that stays small, under a 1/2” or so. Either they are shrinking, or they’re breeding! I fed today and this little guy crawled out of the sand! He’s maybe 1/4” on a good day. That’s him next to a Cerith snail.

Self populating CUC!
IMG_2148.jpeg
 
Where did you get them from originally? I bought seven of these back in August. I felt like only one (maybe two) survived. Eventually, though, I was seeing more ... and then more ... and then way more. They have bred like rabbits in my tank. They have turned into literally hundreds.
 
Where did you get them from originally? I bought seven of these back in August. I felt like only one (maybe two) survived. Eventually, though, I was seeing more ... and then more ... and then way more. They have bred like rabbits in my tank. They have turned into literally hundreds.
It’s true, I have ~10 or so of them in my tanks currently.
 
Cool!
 
Hey at leat you won't have to buy cuc for a little while!
 
Where did you get them from originally? I bought seven of these back in August. I felt like only one (maybe two) survived. Eventually, though, I was seeing more ... and then more ... and then way more. They have bred like rabbits in my tank. They have turned into literally hundreds.
I bought them at a LFS. They were being sold as dwarf nassarius snails. I just wanted them since they other ones I’ve seen are so big!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new