DYI equipment mounting boards

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gundy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gundy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2021
Messages
323
Reaction score
384
Location
Utah
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How hard is it to make these mounting boards? If you purchase one it’s about 275-300 dollars. I believe the material is expanded PVC. Is this right and is it an easy material to work with? Are other materials available to use that are totally water resistant? Other than the standard I have seen ones that are shallow cabinets on a hinge which are cool. I want to make several of them. Thanks
 
FBCA3F5F-6D49-4443-BBF2-98EF6BEECF2C.jpeg

This is what popped up on my search
 
You can buy furniture grommets on Amazon as well. I just made an equipment board for my tank. Used plywood but this is my first saltwater tank so ... Don't necessarily follow me in material matters when others have an established medium.
 
Lowes has it. Sitting in garage along my 2x4s..
16434972147198034598217322830157.jpg
.5x24x48, forgot price
Not available at the Depot within 100 miles of Nashvegas
Oops , I’ll check Lowes
 
I used plywood on mine, but it is in the garage behind my workbench. The storage tanks are under the workbench. All the devices that deal with water are on the right in the area painted white. The black area is for all the electronics. Someone gave me the plywood so the cost was minimal doing this. The area on the right cost the most since it is pine wood from Lowes or Home Depot.

DF28FDF9-11C9-42AE-9CAE-F64FB44CCDFA.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new