Dying Anemone kills Duncan

Big Mistake

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2020
Messages
88
Reaction score
47
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a slowly fading Green BT Anemone in a 10-gallon tank.

About the time it gave up the ghost and detached from the rock it also caused my nice little Duncan to close up and melt away too.

I know it is my fault, I suspected the dying Anemone might poison the tank, but nothing else in the tank seemed to notice one iota.

Am I secretly wanting the tank to crash so I can start over?

I have noticed, and while nobody would confuse the two tanks, a lot of similarities between my tank which is kind of curious

1-Day Nano Reef, 2 Year Update​

Reef Builders​
​


I have off and on followed this tank from the original video.

I can't find corals locally anymore ... the one LFS that would get regular deliveries stopped selling corals and everyone else has the same picked over frags.

Anyhow, experiments can be a ...

-Big Mistake
 
How do you know it was the anemone if nothing else was affected?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new