EA Reef Pro 1200 New Set Up.

Rabidwolf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife isn't happy about the size of it but it could have been worse as I was thinking of getting the 1800!!

It arrived Tuesday and I started filling with water on Wednesday night, my RO filter has been going flat out almost 24/7. However work and sleep have slowed down the process!!

Filled 2/3rds and hopefully finish off today and get the sand/salt in before bed.

I really like the quality of the cabinet and the sump is really good, the battle plates to vary water height looks a good feature but will have to see them in action to comment fully.

So far I have for this tank.

2 x Kessil 360WE Tuna Blues
1 x MP40
1 x TMC 4000 Reef Pump
Bubble Magus Curve 5 (will be transferred from other tank)

I'm planning on a shallow sand bed, I have a deep one in other tank and don't like all the filth that appears along the glass at the bottom of it.
I have had glass bottom, but found keeping it clean is a pain and the sand will help hide the crap until I can clean it.

20190607_120528.jpg

OP
OP
Rabidwolf

Rabidwolf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was pretty late when I got home and was waiting for the last 25litres of water to filter. So threw that in and half a bucket of salt.

Roughly set up the Kessils last night as well but had a proper play this morning.
Loving the shimmer and the different spectrum options, looking forward to getting the coral under these.
Also the crossover point between them too low down is really visible so should make for pretty accurate adjustment.

Sand is filtering so will get that into the tank later.

20190608_081943.jpg

OP
OP
Rabidwolf

Rabidwolf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water is fully salted. Sand was rinsed alot of times but still made water murky and is still clouding the water slightly.

Ball Valve pipework is faulty and when I adjust to quiet noise from weir the water backs up in the pipes and sprays out of the joints.
Already flooded sump area once today so will be complaining to EA on Monday.

Will start cycling this tank shortly and add rock from my other tanks to help speed things along.

OP
OP
Rabidwolf

Rabidwolf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update almost a week on.

Just transferred my Tangs from other tank and put a load more live rock that didn't have any coral attached into the sump.

I'll let the fish settle in until Sunday and then finish of the rock work with pieces from my old tank.
Hoping to build up quite high the rock work with ledges on the right hand side and keep the left hand side pretty much as is.
I'm liking the thought of some open spaces for the fish as my last tank was a solid wall of rock through the centre of the tank.

I'll start moving corals in the after another week to give the tank time to dirty up a bit.

20190614_170158.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 143 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back