OP
James Hammett

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3f9275b778bd7559ac03fedef756712f.jpg

Found this on some live rock I was given? Any ideas what it may be. Look big for zoas I think but am not sure...

db5d113de6d05909e009a6b0832b3734.jpg

Broke a cluster off and put in bio cube hope they open in the morning so I can see what it is... will post a pic when they open

OP
OP
James Hammett

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I updated, sorry. Cycle is 1 month in today and we got another generous donation from our sponsor Monster Reef of Rock to cap off our Aquascape.

dd03ef747943af2cd9e3b2ef315e84a2.jpg

Was playing a bit with the Rock that came in today.

Tomorrow when students are in, we will pull
The rock that has been in the tank and make one cohesive aquascape with all
The rock. Planning to rip some pieces of 1/4” acrylic into 1/2” wide strips to use as dowel pins to hold rocks together and once we get the scape we like put it in in pieces and pin it together.

May even drill some holes for frag plugs into the rock surfaces to make adding coral later easier???

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are getting much closer will have Pods and Phyto along with about 30
Snails tomorrow. Thinking I’ll need to drip acclimate the snails. So the kids will enjoy watching them in the drip pan...
I'm so jealous! I'm still letting my big tank cycle! It is ready for fish but taking my time on this one. Super exciting watching your class tanks come together!

OP
OP
James Hammett

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I’ve never seeded a tank before. There are pods in the Bio Cube but they must have come in on coral. Not sure I can do the schedule Algae Barn recommends for a tank my size. 32oz a month may be out of our budget.

Check out Monster Reef those guys are Awesome also. Great Coral

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I’ve never seeded a tank before. There are pods in the Bio Cube but they must have come in on coral. Not sure I can do the schedule Algae Barn recommends for a tank my size. 32oz a month may be out of our budget.

Check out Monster Reef those guys are Awesome also. Great Coral

I would maybe take that recommendation with a grain of salt. If your tank doesnt have anything consuming the pods they will grow by themselves. I seeded my tank early on, both into the refugium section of my sump and into my DT directly. My sandbed and rock is crawling with them, thousands of them, I'm 8 months after my initial seeding and still going strong.

OP
OP
James Hammett

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I put 10560 in today and have nothing but snails in the tank. Will add coral and hopefully some fish next week. I put them all in sump with skimmer off. Left skimmer off about 40 minutes then turned it back on

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back