Earthquake plus power outage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zwogle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zwogle

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2016
Messages
167
Reaction score
164
Location
Anchorage
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a fun morning up here in Anchorage, AK. Started with a 7.0 earthquake, a light show from a close by transformer and the inevitable power outage. After that, cleaning up a couple gallons of tank water in the floor,with the relieve that my diy tank and stand survived. Luckily I was able to pick up a generator to keep some life support going.
In my 30 I put an air stone, heater, and one Jaebo, think this will be good enough?
 
Any flow and temp stability should hold you for a while.

I saw pics posted, looks pretty bad, 7.0 is pretty big quake.
I live in CA so this is always on the back of my mind as well.

Good luck, hope power is restored soon!
 
It’s been a fun morning up here in Anchorage, AK. Started with a 7.0 earthquake, a light show from a close by transformer and the inevitable power outage. After that, cleaning up a couple gallons of tank water in the floor,with the relieve that my diy tank and stand survived. Luckily I was able to pick up a generator to keep some life support going.
In my 30 I put an air stone, heater, and one Jaebo, think this will be good enough?
Glad you are okay and the tank should servive what you have running.
 
Watch the tank all that shanking and jiggling may have caused a week spot.

Good to hear your ok .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new