Easy button?

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby can be hard and certainly time consuming. It’s part of what makes it fun and rewarding. But my god, it can become monotonous.

What are some of your favorite purchases that have made life easier for you and your reef?

Two things really stick out for me are my ATO and my Hanna Alk tester. Both have taken things that I hated doing and made them easier.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny. AIO and Hanna alk checker are my buddies. Can’t live without. But I’ve also got this plastic stick from some old net or something. Just a stick. I use it to move corals on the bottom back into their place, righting snails, shooing away peppermint shrimps from corals and poking my son when he puts his face on the glass.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, it would be ATO, Auto dosers, and AWC system. My tank and my back really seem to appreciate them.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi guys best thing ever found ,toy fencing sword about 20 ys ago ,flexible ,nickel sized flat bottom ,great for moving,flipping snails

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Tank controller
Calcium reactor
Fish feeder

ROB2005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATO for me. Less hassle for me in the long run.

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is too easy. By far the best thing I ever did with my tank was the Auto Aqua water change system. I hope it keeps working the way it has been. It's so simple and easy and does the auto top off for the tank also. Before it seemed every Saturday or something was the big water change day which led to a whole morning of doing chores for the tank. Now I just randomly do tasks maybe throughout the week and dont even have to focus on "the big water change day". I have 2 big brute bins that i simply fill over night once a month and that's it, so easy.
awc.jpg

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely ATO for me. Mine feeds from my RO station which I only have to refill every few weeks, and I’m in the process of automating that part of it too. Also dosing pumps - only refill the reservoirs every 3-4 weeks.
Dosing pumps are next on my list for sure!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back