Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Grey Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An ordinary mushroom.
I had a mushroom rock that I thought was completely dead and had nothing on it for years. When I put in back in the main tank, after a while a tiny mushroom began to grow. After about 6 months it is about 2 inches and little ones are starting to grow around it. I'm thinking of changing my name from Grey Guy to Mushroom Guy.

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torches.

Hammers, frogspawn grow like crazy, but ever torch I have does fine for about 1-2 months, then slowly opens up less and less, then dies.

Same with me. They do fine and then one day you see the beginnings of brown jelly. I had eight heads that were pin head size, come in on some Vietnam zoas. They grew to a couple of heads each and were 6-7 inches across expanded before one by one they died over a few months. The hammers that I grew up from the same method are thriving.
My thinking is its flow related and torches get easily torn in higher flows causing infection, whereas hammers can take it better.

I also have problems with mushrooms but I think that's because my flow is far too string for them.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acans, Frogspawn and Hammers. Funny though that my Duncan is doing better than ever. For being in an SPS tank that thing is resilient. Big blooms every day but the others mentioned just seem to slowly wither away.

Quah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just killed one. Everything else was fine besides a couple sps but besides that, just the Kenya tree lol

My friend grows Acro's like mad but has a huge issue with GSP. He wants 1 GSP rock and it always dies. He has a lot of zoa and mushrooms in his tank just murders GSP.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back