Easy way to add a Clarisea SK-5000 to your Reefer 750 XXL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mountain Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about the flow rate
the limit of clarisea 5000 is 5000LPH
i have a vectra l1 pump so i think if it wiil do a good work or i will lose flow rate to much
on red sea 750

what do you think??
Works well for me. I use two Varios for return and have to dial them way down. But at 5000LPH that is still over 5x turnover which is fine. I can't say enough good things about using Clarisea. My water is crystal clear. No changing/cleaning filter socks. My nutrients stay way down. Only problem I ran into was sheering of bolt in motor, which has been described in previous posts. Company was amazing sending replacement

Iinux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works well for me. I use two Varios for return and have to dial them way down. But at 5000LPH that is still over 5x turnover which is fine. I can't say enough good things about using Clarisea. My water is crystal clear. No changing/cleaning filter socks. My nutrients stay way down. Only problem I ran into was sheering of bolt in motor, which has been described in previous posts. Company was amazing sending replacement
Literally the EXACT same issue here. Clarisea was great with shipping out the new bolt and parts.

watkinsmd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find a single thread of someone that has already done this.

I think this install turned out pretty near perfect. The Clarisea hangs on the sump right by where the return line comes down and that pipe goes straight into the Clarisea.

1. Empty the water from your sump
2. Use a blade and cut out the silicone to remove the filter sock holders
3. Remove your return line pipe
4. Install a 32mm metric to 1" standard PVC adapter to the bottom of the Red Sea valve. To do this you need to cut the piping off at the bottom of the valve, buy a piece of metal pipe that fits into the tubing, heat it really hot with a torch then stick it into the pipe for about a minute to release the PVC glue. Once the pipe is soft use a pliers to remove it. Then install the 32mm to 1" adapter in it's place.
5. Plumb the Clarisea to the return line. I used a 2.5" piece of 1" PVC into a union fitting that I glued to the Clarisea 90 degree elbow. You'll need to add that last 2.5" piece and lift the Clarisea onto the hanger at the same time trying to get that little piece of pipe snug (but not glued)
Done and the install is extremely clean.

IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG
Nice job! Did you end up sliding your ATO reservoir to the other side of your sump or are you not using the Red Sea ATO? Understandable as they aren't the biggest in capacity. I have a 525XL and the reservoir sits right on top of the filter socks because I need the height for equipment in the sump.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meaning of adding one of these to my Red Sea reefer 750 XXL. How is it holding up?

Mountain Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meaning of adding one of these to my Red Sea reefer 750 XXL. How is it holding up?
Very well. Running it on my 9 xxxl for 9 months now. After about 6 months screw broke on rotor. Well documented problem on forum. Coral Vue got me replacement screw immediately and since then no problem. I go through a filter roll about every 6 weeks. A bit of fumbling to change rolls, but I keep getting better at it each change out. Highly recommend it. BTW: I did not cut out sock holders to install. I started and after 10 minutes was way to frustrated. It is installed in main sump. Takes up a bit more room this way, but still have plenty of room for skimmer, etc.

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very well. Running it on my 9 xxxl for 9 months now. After about 6 months screw broke on rotor. Well documented problem on forum. Coral Vue got me replacement screw immediately and since then no problem. I go through a filter roll about every 6 weeks. A bit of fumbling to change rolls, but I keep getting better at it each change out. Highly recommend it. BTW: I did not cut out sock holders to install. I started and after 10 minutes was way to frustrated. It is installed in main sump. Takes up a bit more room this way, but still have plenty of room for skimmer, etc.
Can you post a pic? Thanks

Mountain Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into roller mats for my 750. Is your water tuned to always have flow through the sock section via the emergency drain, as well as directly to the Clarisea via the main drain?
Just a very small amount through the emergency drain in order to keep overflow quite.

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Gonna try this out and use the return/sock sections as a mini refugium fed by the emergency drain like you're doing. Also like having the sock section remain in tact, in case the Clarisea is out of commission, and temporarily need to revert back to socks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back