EasySPS food

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, I just ordered myself some 250ml bags of booster and EVO. I thought I had 2 fittings in the shopping cart, but I only had 1. Any suggestions on alternate fittings?

-Hans

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oops, I just ordered myself some 250ml bags of booster and EVO. I thought I had 2 fittings in the shopping cart, but I only had 1. Any suggestions on alternate fittings?

-Hans
If you have an old wooden airstone lying around, just use the barb fitting and a little silicon on the cap. That’s what I did with my very first bad. Most LFS sell airline tubing connectors too, same idea, drill a small hole, insert barb, add silicon, done.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

-Hans
Or just decant and use a standard dosing container. Ideally not transparent as I assume the light would degrade the food even slightly? That is a guess entirely.

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that use roller mat/filter mat fleece does the phytoplankton pass through or will it get filtered out ?

Redhool7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys I have a very important question...
I started 2 months ago with dosage 1 ml booster +1mlevo every other day...now I dose 3 ml booster and 3 ml evo for the last 2 weeks...and my phosphates started to reduce....from 0.05 to 0.018 in the last 2 weeks...i don't want to Have 0 phosphates!!!
What is the perfect way to solve this problem?

Redhool7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increase Evo and decrease booster a bit. If you're running a fuge, then reduce the hours a little.
Thank you for fast reply!! You suggest that solution because booster provides no3 and evo provides po4??

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for fast reply!! You suggest that solution because booster provides no3 and evo provides po4??
Booster is straight phyto (4 strains) whereas evo has some phyto, but also contains amino and fatty acids, along with carbohydrates, so it’s a complete food. Booster feeds a different subset of fauna/bacteria and evo is targeted for sps.

lovemysps00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10/29/20 vs 7/1/21

IMG_5134.JPG

This one grows crazy in the last 8 months.
EasySPSfrag.jpg

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just order EasySPS EVO25 250ml Gel & Easy Reefs EasyBooster PRO. Don't have a doser, can I do it manually?
I guess you drip out what you want to do, but the bags are designed to be used with a doser. Kamoer x1 dosers are great and fairly inexpensive. I think they are on sale now? Kamoer x1 pro

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you had a phosphate problem?
mine went from 0.04 to 0.18 in one month, I dose 4 ml evo and 4ml booster on 400 liters

@Pablo Easyreefs
I dosed the booster and my phosphate skyrocket also, and I saw no effects on my corals , so I stopped it and from the studies I read , the sps can't absorb the size that is in the booster, so basically it is just waste for my tank and the copepods..eats already other foods.
I will try the easy sps to see if I will get some results as the particles are smaller and could be absorbed by sps,it contains also phytoplankton so no need to add the booster. I believe the booster is just marketing and some pictures before after mean nothing as even without the corals will growth, to be sure we would need experimental tanks with and without this food.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Sps evo is just smashed up shrimp, so it's likely to raise P04. There are many products that provide similar size ratios.

Dosing the phyto is more of a food chain thing......it feeds the pods, ect. and when they breed the corals can benefit from the micro plankton that are offspring from the pods.

There is some anecdotal evidence that phyto can consume some nutrients and off set that nutrient spike. I don't know if it's the case with this product but people have noticed this dosing live phyto.

To me the benefit of these products is you can hook them to a doser more easily than traditional means.........it's a convenience product, not magic in a bag.

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to my practical observations and my friends, the EasyBooster dosage should be increased slowly under constant supervision. With a careless approach, planaria will increase their population, and not useful bentose. As for the Sps evo, I consider it and use it as a product to maintain my nutrients in the system, keeping my nitrate / phosphate at 1 / 0.1. And as said before, it is convenient when using the dispenser. And only used this product in a mature system with a lot of coral

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to my practical observations and my friends, the EasyBooster dosage should be increased slowly under constant supervision. With a careless approach, planaria will increase their population, and not useful bentose. As for the Sps evo, I consider it and use it as a product to maintain my nutrients in the system, keeping my nitrate / phosphate at 1 / 0.1. And as said before, it is convenient when using the dispenser. And only used this product in a mature system with a lot of coral
againt planaria you can dose abit of elim phos rapid and they will disapear

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Sps evo is just smashed up shrimp, so it's likely to raise P04. There are many products that provide similar size ratios.

Dosing the phyto is more of a food chain thing......it feeds the pods, ect. and when they breed the corals can benefit from the micro plankton that are offspring from the pods.

There is some anecdotal evidence that phyto can consume some nutrients and off set that nutrient spike. I don't know if it's the case with this product but people have noticed this dosing live phyto.

To me the benefit of these products is you can hook them to a doser more easily than traditional means.........it's a convenience product, not magic in a bag.
wich products give similar ratio?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back