0   0   0

Luis Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
?
Should both easy SPS and BOOSTER both be spread out? Or just one? I was under the impression that only the BOOSTER should be spread out?

That question leads me to a larger question about feeding phyto to a tank... How does phyto occur on the wild reefs? - is it constantly present all day and all night or is there a morning or evening surge? ...similar to how zooplankton arrives with an evening surge every night. I'd like to try to imitate this with my dosing.

As for easySPS I'd think that to mimic the evening surge you'd want to dose that all at one after lights out and let the corals feast. Please correct me if I'm wrong, looking for information here....
Hello,
We recommend to spread both of them as this way we also ensure the greatest possible food availability for our corals as well as increasing the usage of this food.

With regard to your question, it is very difficult if not impossible to exaclty replicate what happens in the nature. In the wild there are algae blooms for different reasons, for example during the rain seasons you can appreciate more of this blooms as the nutrients in rivers and mangroves flow into the sea. Of course there are many circunstances that affect, and this is just an example.

Let me know if everything is clear!

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered Evo and boost to try out on my reef after hearing some of the feedback on this post @Luis Easyreefs (por favor de poner en la descripción que se tiene que comprar los adaptadores separado por ni en Coralvue, o Saltwateraquarium.com dicen que se necesita)

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may have already been asked but I'm feeling lazy this morning :rolleyes::

I assume that when you dose both the EasySPS and the EasyBooster you still dose both at the recommended dose? Or do you reduce the dose of each?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I assume that when you dose both the EasySPS and the EasyBooster you still dose both at the recommended dose? Or do you reduce the dose of each?
Correct, each at their recommended dose spread out over the course of the day/night.

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

both have their recommended dose. And they are complementary. No need to lower using both. Maybe you've got even to rise booster when EVO starts stimulating growth.

It is very possible, when using them that your KH, CA, No3 and Po4 drop, so be careful to be constant on your testing :)

Pablo Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the purpose of using EVO and BOOST when the evo also has phytoplankton in it?
Hi,

We complement the EVO with some specific phytoplankton strains to provide a more interesting and complete nutritional profile.

But we can't suppress the Booster or a Phytoplankton source, using only the EVO.

I leave you a link to the interview with @Luis Easyreefs of Coral Vue, @Carlos Chacon, in which some doubts are resolved.

TexasReefer82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Luis Easyreefs

Do you have any insight into the suitability and adequacy of EVO and BOOSTER for feeding non-photosynthetic organisms such as: ornamental sponges (e.g. red tree sponge), tunicates, gorgonians, flame scallops, dendronephthya, feather dusters (i.e. Christmas Tree rock worms), etc.

Is this an appropriate food source for these animals? Does anyone have any experience using these products for these animals?

Last edited:

Reef_in_Denver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Luis Easyreefs

Do you have any insight into the suitability and adequacy of EVO and BOOSTER for feeding non-photosynthetic organisms such as: ornamental sponges (e.g. red tree sponge), tunicates, gorgonians, flame scallops, etc.

Is this an appropriate food source for these animals? Does anyone have any experience using these products for these animals?

Filter feeders are definitely spreading and increasing in my tank since using both products.

Luis Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter feeders are definitely spreading and increasing in my tank since using both products.

Hello,
As @Reef_in_Denver suggests, we recommend our products also for NPS corals as they will also benefit from the properties of the raw materials on Easybooster and Easysps EVO.

Cassklar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the booster and sps do you dose both at the same time I will be using my dos Doser I have a 200 gallon total water system I will be receiving mine this week. do you break it up in 4,5, doses each hour apart. thanks for the help

Reef_in_Denver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the booster and sps do you dose both at the same time I will be using my dos Doser I have a 200 gallon total water system I will be receiving mine this week. do you break it up in 4,5, doses each hour apart. thanks for the help

I have both hooked up to the same doser.

It does 1 ML of each every 6 hours in my 65 gallon tank.

Reef_in_Denver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
min are literally on the same timer(with 2 plugs) they going in the tank at the exact same time.

I may be doing it wrong, but it's working well for me.

Cassklar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got my booster and EasySPS I have to wait for the dosing adapter but I have a question if someone can answer. could just take contents and put in dosing containers or dose the gel need to be in the bag at all times? thanks in advance

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got my booster and EasySPS I have to wait for the dosing adapter but I have a question if someone can answer. could just take contents and put in dosing containers or dose the gel need to be in the bag at all times? thanks in advance

I would recommend keeping it in the bag. Per the manufacturer, the bag allows it to stay fresh/unoxidized. The moment you put it in a non-air tight secondary container, I assume that it starts breaking down at a much faster rate.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back