EasySPS food

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm using the Neptune DOS Doser. Does anyone else have a clogging problem with using a doser for the Easy Sps Evo

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you all buying this? And do the bags come ready to hook up to a doser or do you need to purchase add ons? CoralVue’s site is vague.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where are you all buying this? And do the bags come ready to hook up to a doser or do you need to purchase add ons? CoralVue’s site is vague.
There are several online vendors that carry both. The smaller 250mL bags usually come with adapters (at least the sps Evo does), but the larger 1500mL bags need the pro adapter. BRS, Marine Depot, Saltwater Aquarium, etc. I think I bought my first pouches from CoralVue?

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are several online vendors that carry both. The smaller 250mL bags usually come with adapters (at least the sps Evo does), but the larger 1500mL bags need the pro adapter. BRS, Marine Depot, Saltwater Aquarium, etc. I think I bought my first pouches from CoralVue?
Instead of the pro adapter I just poked a hole in the top, stuck a tube in it, and connected that tube to my doses. Works perfectly, and that 1500ml is so much cheaper it’s def the way to go.

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of the pro adapter I just poked a hole in the top, stuck a tube in it, and connected that tube to my doses. Works perfectly, and that 1500ml is so much cheaper it’s def the way to go.
Wouldn't that mess up the package and it's shelf life, letting air in?

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now we have used EasySPS for about a month in our experiment tank at work. It's a sexual reproduction experiment and we want to feed the corals as much as we can without getting too high nutrient levels.
So far it looks like the corals like it. We have great polyp expansion all day, so at least they senses there's something good in the water :)
Can't say anything about the growth since temp, light duration and intensity changes over time(to mimic natural conditions).
Foto 2020-06-24 10 49 30.jpg

We dose 1ml at the time, of Easybooster and EasySPS, 16 times a day with dosingpums(GHL). I like to have some food in the water all the time. So 16ml of each every day. The volume of the tank is in total 1100 litres.

Foto 2020-06-24 10 50 10 (1).jpg

MentalNote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If dosing this in the sump, will my UV sterilizer have any negative impact on EVO or Easy Booster?

Thanks.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now we have used EasySPS for about a month in our experiment tank at work. It's a sexual reproduction experiment and we want to feed the corals as much as we can without getting too high nutrient levels.
So far it looks like the corals like it. We have great polyp expansion all day, so at least they senses there's something good in the water :)
Can't say anything about the growth since temp, light duration and intensity changes over time(to mimic natural conditions).
Foto 2020-06-24 10 49 30.jpg

We dose 1ml at the time, of Easybooster and EasySPS, 16 times a day with dosingpums(GHL). I like to have some food in the water all the time. So 16ml of each every day. The volume of the tank is in total 1100 litres.

Foto 2020-06-24 10 50 10 (1).jpg

Have you tracked your P04 levels since using this product? Any numbers you can share? I'm not sure of this being any different than ReeRoids for example.

I tend to think with all these foods that they are adding P04 to the water once broken down and that's the benefit more than corals actually consuming it. Maybe nitrogen as well if there is amino acid in the mix.

Tanks with low P04 levels would benefit more than say a tank with substantial nutrients that have a heavy fish load and feed a lot.

In other words a lot has to do with a specific systems make up...........one with no fish would benefit whereas one with a moderate/heavy fish population may not see a difference.

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tracked your P04 levels since using this product? Any numbers you can share? I'm not sure of this being any different than ReeRoids for example.

I tend to think with all these foods that they are adding P04 to the water once broken down and that's the benefit more than corals actually consuming it. Maybe nitrogen as well if there is amino acid in the mix.

Tanks with low P04 levels would benefit more than say a tank with substantial nutrients that have a heavy fish load and feed a lot.

In other words a lot has to do with a specific systems make up...........one with no fish would benefit whereas one with a moderate/heavy fish population may not see a difference.
I can check for more specific numbers tomorrow at work, but my gut feeling says ReefRoids contain more phosphate per gram compared to the frozen food we use, and EasyReef, Booster and SPS.

Otherwise I agree. Some tanks might just need that phosphate addition. Or nitrate/ammonium.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back