EasySPS food

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone using this for a tank less than 250 liters? How are you dosing if it's recommended to start with 1ml per 250l? @Jeff@CoralVue @Luis Easyreefs
I would start with half the recommended dose, so 0.5mL. If you have a quality doser like the GHL or similar, then split it up into two doses at .25mL. I think you'll find that you'll be up to the 1mL a day in no time. I find that splitting the dose you throughout the day to be the best way to dose both. I'm currently dosing every six hours with an hour difference between the two, EasyBooster starts at 6am and Sps Evo at 7am etc....

Travis Wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to ask a question about using this product. I started using it this week dosing 2mL in the evening for my mixed reef 525xl. Everything has been going well but I noticed that my alkalinity has slowly been dropping from 9 to 8 during the week (and also calcium to some extent from 410 to 390) without changing anything else. Could this be in response to coral growth? Or could my calcium reactor be failing me? I’m using the triton to test every 6 hours. Typically I had been target feeding reef roids or reef chili once per week.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted to ask a question about using this product. I started using it this week dosing 2mL in the evening for my mixed reef 525xl. Everything has been going well but I noticed that my alkalinity has slowly been dropping from 9 to 8 during the week (and also calcium to some extent from 410 to 390) without changing anything else. Could this be in response to coral growth? Or could my calcium reactor be failing me? I’m using the triton to test every 6 hours. Typically I had been target feeding reef roids or reef chili once per week.
Most likely from growth. A calcium reactor will fail from a dead pump or empty CO2, but those things are pretty noticeable. Also, I would try and space out the dosing throughout the day/night, say every 6 hours or so, 1mL at a time.

lovemysps00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to use EasySPS & Booster (8/10/20) as well. Will post couple pic as references. (Taken before using EasySPS & Booster)

Coral - Raft USA Pink Floyd (tank view).JPG Coral 2A.JPG Coral 7.JPG Coral - Walt Disney (macro).PNG

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My bag of easysps has about on inch from the bottom left, will it keep going until dry or will it start sucking air.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, 4 times a day. I'm dosing 1.5mL each time of EasyBooster and SpsEvo. EasyBooster gets dosed at 12am/pm and 6am/pm, SpsEvo gets dosed at 1am/pm and 7am/pm.
So you don’t need to turn your skimmer off for these foods?

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my 1500 ml bag! Unfortunately I am leaving town for work and will be gone for about 2 weeks. Fortunately this sounds like a perfect opportunity to take before and after pics as well as document any changes in parameter. Lately my tank has been staying super stable Alk 8.5, Cal 440, PH 8.3, Phos .02 and Nitrate around 10. I don’t have an apex so It will be interesting to see if alk and cal are lower when I get back. My wife will stick to the fish feeding schedule and make sure the ATO is filled so In theory if anything changes it will be due to the evo gel. I am taking it slow and starting with just 3ml dosed once a day at 3am even though my system could handle 4ml I figure it’s best to under dose while I’m gone. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my 1500 ml bag! Unfortunately I am leaving town for work and will be gone for about 2 weeks. Fortunately this sounds like a perfect opportunity to take before and after pics as well as document any changes in parameter. Lately my tank has been staying super stable Alk 8.5, Cal 440, PH 8.3, Phos .02 and Nitrate around 10. I don’t have an apex so It will be interesting to see if alk and cal are lower when I get back. My wife will stick to the fish feeding schedule and make sure the ATO is filled so In theory if anything changes it will be due to the evo gel. I am taking it slow and starting with just 3ml dosed once a day at 3am even though my system could handle 4ml I figure it’s best to under dose while I’m gone. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

I'm interested to know what your other specs are:
Tank size?
Stocking?
What kind of Corals? SPS - LPS - Mixed?

Reason I ask is because I started the Booster and SPS food about 2 weeks ago. My system is ~400 gallons (300 display and 60 frag tank), mostly SPS, but it is a mixed reef with a bit of everything in there.
I started with 4ml total (broke up into 6 doses per day).

I'd like to follow your progress as well, let me know if you plan on posting here? or possibly in a build thread?

TMB

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: Nevermind found them.

My 250ml EasyBooster and EasySPS Evo didn't come with any dosing connectors. Where can I purchase them?

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: Nevermind found them.

My 250ml EasyBooster and EasySPS Evo didn't come with any dosing connectors. Where can I purchase them?

You can get them from Coralvue here:

Or you can DIY it...
I took a 1" piece of 3/8" silicone hose (perfect tight fit to the bag connector - it pushes inside)
and pushed a piece of 1/4 rigid RO tube into that (also a perfect tight fit)
and pushed the whole thing into the bag connector.

If I was to do it again I would also add a 1/4 RO shut off valve to the RO line so I can turn it off if needed to disconnect for some reason. If you want pics let me know and I'll take some tonight.

HTH

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back