EasySPS food

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get them from Coralvue here:

Or you can DIY it...
I took a 1" piece of 3/8" silicone hose (perfect tight fit to the bag connector - it pushes inside)
and pushed a piece of 1/4 rigid RO tube into that (also a perfect tight fit)
and pushed the whole thing into the bag connector.

If I was to do it again I would also add a 1/4 RO shut off valve to the RO line so I can turn it off if needed to disconnect for some reason. If you want pics let me know and I'll take some tonight.

HTH

Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and ordered some because my DIY sucks. lol Appreciate your feedback though.

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put 1500ml into a dosing container and dose using a free dos pump. Didn’t have success with the bag and versa. Also don’t like the look of a bag hanging. Works just fine in a dosing container and the container is airtight. I dose 4ml a day on a 45 gallon system. Easy booster I dose 4 days a week at 3ml a day. I also never stopped dosing acropower. Have that set up on a versa at 3ml a day and just never shut it off. The growth I have experienced since starting easy sps is off the charts. For those thinking po4 and no3 increases I haven’t had that experience. I actually stopped dosing NoPox to free up a dos pump for this and just increased photo period of my fuge. Po3 has been steady at .03-.05 and no3 0-10. Some days I dose no3 so it doesn’t bottom out and I have 10 fish. Heavy bioload.

This stuff is the real deal.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put 1500ml into a dosing container and dose using a free dos pump. Didn’t have success with the bag and versa. Also don’t like the look of a bag hanging. Works just fine in a dosing container and the container is airtight. I dose 4ml a day on a 45 gallon system. Easy booster I dose 4 days a week at 3ml a day. I also never stopped dosing acropower. Have that set up on a versa at 3ml a day and just never shut it off. The growth I have experienced since starting easy sps is off the charts. For those thinking po4 and no3 increases I haven’t had that experience. I actually stopped dosing NoPox to free up a dos pump for this and just increased photo period of my fuge. Po3 has been steady at .03-.05 and no3 0-10. Some days I dose no3 so it doesn’t bottom out and I have 10 fish. Heavy bioload.

This stuff is the real deal.

I also switched mine over to an airtight container because the bags and I didn't get along.

lovemysps00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed mine with the Voss glass bottle as well.

IMG_3638EasySPS & Booster.JPG IMG_7432EasySPS & Booster.JPG

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned earlier I love the EasySPS EVO and I've been using the 250ml size on both of my tanks BUT.... the 250ml has been out of stock for 2 months, so I purchased the 1500ml size. Problem with that (and there's no mention on the product page) you HAVE to purchase a $30 adapter. That's kind of "grey marketing" IMO.

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldnt those air tight containers create a vaccuum problem? I thought the only reason the bags work is because they crumple as you dose? Im assuming this stuff will spoil at some point if not air tight.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldnt those air tight containers create a vaccuum problem? I thought the only reason the bags work is because they crumple as you dose? Im assuming this stuff will spoil at some point if not air tight.

I haven't had an issue with mine in the Voss and I just refilled. I switched from a similar container to what SoAg just posted for the exact reason of spoilage. I had to throw out a bunch that went a reddish color film along the top - I assume it went bad and didn't want to risk it. It also smelled even worse than usual when it went that color.

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When dosing EVO/Booster into the return chamber, does it matter if the gel doesn’t get sucked up into the return pump? I have the dosing tubes right over the return pump but noticed some times it gets sucked into the pump and other times it lands on the surface.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When dosing EVO/Booster into the return chamber, does it matter if the gel doesn’t get sucked up into the return pump? I have the dosing tubes right over the return pump but noticed some times it gets sucked into the pump and other times it lands on the surface.
I use a small powerhead in my return section, just under the surface where the dosing tubes drop, which breaks up the dose immediately. I also put my AFS (auto feeder) in the return section, so the food always gets sucked up through the return pump and into my display.
Just make sure the tubes are positioned in a spot where they get sucked up quickly, but I wouldn't worry too much as long as it's hitting water and not a dry surface.

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a small powerhead in my return section, just under the surface where the dosing tubes drop, which breaks up the dose immediately. I also put my AFS (auto feeder) in the return section, so the food always gets sucked up through the return pump and into my display.
Just make sure the tubes are positioned in a spot where they get sucked up quickly, but I wouldn't worry too much as long as it's hitting water and not a dry surface.

Noted. Thank you. It’s been 2 days and I can see a noticeable increase in PE.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, those of you guys who are dosing out of a separate container, why don't ya'll just dose from the air-tight, light proof bags the gel comes in? Is it for aesthetic purposes?

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, those of you guys who are dosing out of a separate container, why don't ya'll just dose from the air-tight, light proof bags the gel comes in? Is it for aesthetic purposes?
I personally had a lot of issues with the bags. Nowhere to properly store them, adapters kept falling out of them making a mess, etc.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back