Ebay overflow box any good?

  • Thread starter Thread starter b4tn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2015
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
2,227
Location
Columbia MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used the modularmarine ghost style overflow?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1200-gph-LO...574?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c97486ace
It looks to me like it is pretty quality, is stated to flow more than enough for my 75 gallon, and is $65 cheaper. The only drawback I see from the more "renowned" Ghost overflow is that it is 12" wide vs 16", internal bulk heads are 1" vs 1.5" with drains that are .75" vs 1", and the weir is removable.

I really only require 800 GPH flow wise so I am not really worried about bulkhead size. The removable weir would be nice but not really a requirement.
http://synergyreef.com/product/16-synergy-reef-overflow/
 
I bought one of modularmarines regular overflows a while back and it was as good as anyone's. I would have no reservations buying this one.
 
I have the 1500 gph box and no, it's not noise. The small box in the aquarium is baffled before going out the back to two 1 1/2 pipes. The pipe have a "breather" tube in them that help keep it quiet. My only complaint is that those tubes need to be ram-rodded every two months or so and the saw teeth need to be scraped of growth/calcium every maybe six months. You'd have to do that to any saw tooth box though.
 
See, now you have me second guessing myself yet again. The glass-holes overflow significantly reduces both cost and complexity of plumbing.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new