ebay ro/di unit?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark_D
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yes and one answer is based on sound science and one makes no sense? Check out osmotic pressure, what it means and how it affects membrane performance. The harder the incoming water and the lower pressure the less efficient the system will be and the shorter your DI life.
 
The difference between a good system and a mediocre system is how much it costs to get to 0 TDS and how long it maintains that TDS. Cost of ownership is always lower with a more efficient system even if it costs more initially which isn't always the case like with the Spectrapure RO/DI which only costs $124 and outperforms systems at twice the price.
6 months, still producing 0 tds with no changes. although when I do need to change filters I can use any standard sized filter which means I can use the high quality filters anyways. this thing is built no different than the old kent marine I had, difference is this one didn't break when I dropped it.

as for spectrapure, I hadn't seen it when I was looking otherwise I probably would have bought it. I can only speak on the systems I have personal experience with.
 
I don't know where to start after all the back and forth comments... I'll take a picture of the two systems. We went with two different systems because from what I read, kinetico is more advanced in their drinking water filters. They also use a larger diameter tubing which allows more flow. The culligan system is being used for the rest of our water. We were having issues with high levels of iron causing staining in and on our appliances and tubs and sinks. It was cheaper to go through culligan because of a promo going on and they guaranteed the issue would be resolved or money back.
 
I don't know where to start after all the back and forth comments... I'll take a picture of the two systems. We went with two different systems because from what I read, kinetico is more advanced in their drinking water filters. They also use a larger diameter tubing which allows more flow. The culligan system is being used for the rest of our water. We were having issues with high levels of iron causing staining in and on our appliances and tubs and sinks. It was cheaper to go through culligan because of a promo going on and they guaranteed the issue would be resolved or money back.
yeah that's why people arguing on a post isn't helpful. honestly I would follow what az said. ive seen several posts from him and I haven't seen him lead anyone astray.
 
Here is a pic of our drinking water system by kinetico

kinetico.JPG
 
I have an eBay system but with all spectrapure resin and filters
A canister is a canister. Its all about what you put in it :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new