Echinopora lamellosa (blue chalice)

Hunna’s Stunnas

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2023
Messages
818
Reaction score
1,905
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are “prettier” and more colorful chalices out there, but this sure looks good for being only shades of blue. It also plates similar to plating montipora, making it a bit more unique than the other chalices. This particular piece has exploded with new growth recently.
P3240074.jpeg

P3240072.jpeg

P3240073.jpeg


A friend gave me “3-4” gonzo golden dragon mushrooms that were all attached to a chunk of this stuff that was covered in algae a while ago. I ended up getting 11 mushrooms and made quite a few frags of what I could salvage of the chalice. You can see how bad of shape it was in originally. I have them in a few different areas in my 40b AIO to see where they would do best, and the one above seems to be in the best location.
IMG_0087.jpeg
 
I honestly don't consider Echinopora to be chalices, as they were never in the family Pectiniidae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new