EchoPapaGolf's 240 build

EchoPapaGolf

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
123
Location
Lexington, KY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I am in the beginning phases of my 240g build. Here are my plans for now......

Tank: 8'x2'x2' Acrylic tank that will be in the wall and viewable from 2 rooms already purchased

Lighting: Coralife 72" fixture with 3-250 watt MH and 2 94 watt PC (PC for now..soon to be swapped for either T5 or LED) already purchased

Flow: Tank currently has 3 bulkheads for a closed loop which will utilize an Ocean Motion and Reeflo pump

Sump/Filter: Most likely a 75g tank with fuge and skimmer chamber

This will be my 7th or 8th reef tank but my first MONSTER tank so any advice or input from the BIG TANK owners would be greatly appreciated!

Erik
 
Sounds nice Erik, Welcome to R2R. Glad to see you started a build thread, looking forward to your progress.
 
I'm trying to decide which MH bulbs to get. I really want Radiums but I don' think my ballasts will fire them. So I think its going to either be Phoenix 14K or Reeflux 20K. Suggestions?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new