Eco tech versa single head mounting...question

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO after the long wait where eco tech was out of the versa i got a pair of the versa for AWC on mt 300XL seahorse tank a while back.

was pleasantly surprised it came with it's own mounting brackets. ( and it should for the price ) looked pretty easy scew plate into stand add pump no biggie right.

been 30+ min. I cant seem to get the pump to slid on to the plate all the way where it feel 100% on there. I have use a level to try to get it perfectly straight but there is 1/4" or more sticking out is this normal? or what the heck am I doing wrong?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you’re having the same issue I had, you’ve got the mounting plate screwed down too tightly and the pump won’t slide all the way on. Barely loosen it up and try again. That’s how I got mine to finally seat properly

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried fitting the plate prior to installation just to see if there's a certain way it needs to go on?
yes sir plate slide in nice an easy when not mounted.

If you’re having the same issue I had, you’ve got the mounting plate screwed down too tightly and the pump won’t slide all the way on. Barely loosen it up and try again. That’s how I got mine to finally seat properly
I'll give that a tray and report back. rethinking where I was gonna mount them now anyway. UGGG I do hate wire and gear management. next to loosing fish and corals it's my lest fav. part of the hobby. haha
thanks for the suggestion.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UGGG I do hate wire and gear management. next to loosing fish and corals it's my lest fav. part of the hobby. haha
thanks for the suggestion.
We all hate it. Especially when there's no "break" in the cable and we have to meticulously unspool umpteen wires just to unplug one device that needs replacing, maintenance, etc.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We all hate it. Especially when there's no "break" in the cable and we have to meticulously unspool umpteen wires just to unplug one device that needs replacing, maintenance, etc.

Every company needs to incorporate a break in the wires. Waterproof connection that is 12-24" from the item. Quick disconnect, clean, and put it right back on. It is unreal that none of them do this

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every company needs to incorporate a break in the wires. Waterproof connection that is 12-24" from the item. Quick disconnect, clean, and put it right back on. It is unreal that none of them do this
Red Sea does. For all the other stuff I added 1-3' power extension cables so I could leave it plugged into my powerbars and just disconnect closer to the tank (without having to unravel everything).

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have been saying that for years. even got some of those quick disconnect things. have yet to cut the wires and install them on my systems. been thinking about for a few years.

BUT YES I am with you not sure why this is not a thing?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back