OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an email from BRS saying Vectra return pumps are back in stock. Not sure about the rest of their products but I'm sure they will back in stock soon
Haha ya...it’s allllll back.

U

User1

View Badges
That is all up to you my friend. The standard you hold people and companies accountable to is your own decision. I own 3 large companies myself and my number one goal is service. No matter the situation there shouldnt be a 2 week lag in responding to an email. Again how you decide who gets your hard earned money is up to you. I like to pay for quality and service no matter the price tag. Quality and service are my nonnegotiables and I think it is very reasonable to be upset at not getting a response to my email. I don’t mind waiting bc I understand production delays. Anyways all this is mute now because brs just emailed me and all ecotech is back in stock. :)

It was a nothing burger to begin with because supply chains and business are all impacted as I stated due to c19. That means potential delays. Boston to Budapest world around.

But hey - as you pointed out we disagree. Best of luck if you went with them and hope it works out for you.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on @Bulk Reef Supply make your own pumps and lights!!!

You do realize that BRS don’t actually make any equipment. It is all OEM stuff with a BRS tag slapped on it. Many equipment factories have had closures .... not just ETM.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do realize that BRS don’t actually make any equipment. It is all OEM stuff with a BRS tag slapped on it. Many equipment factories have had closures .... not just ETM.
Ya I figured especially after their heater controller looked exactly like the inkbird. But honestly you must agree that allllll these high end expensive companies all have products that are superior to the rest but only minor benefits from one to the next in the same level. For instance everyone will agree that the vortechs are the best but how far off are the tunze’s? Maybe you would pay 100$ more but combine that with poor customer service is it still worth getting the mp over the tunze for at most 10% better performance? At least with brs I know they put their name behind a product which means it has to be a quality product and they respond and care about their customers who are paying their hard earned money. Sorry I went a bit too long but I just can’t believe the type of service we accept just because of quality products.

Kyle T.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the pumps I think the thing setting Vortechs apart is really the fact that the cord/motor is external as opposed to having wires in the tank and the ease of maintenance which means I’ll be more likely to do it long term. Tunze is fantastic as far as performance and their ability to move water leading to successful tanks but minor things like this can be a huge deciding factor in which product is best for you and your tank.

Last edited:

sas226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an email from BRS saying Vectra return pumps are back in stock. Not sure about the rest of their products but I'm sure they will back in stock soon
I've been talking to them for the past week about an mp10 I ordered on July 4th (Originally had an ETA of July 18th) . As of Thursday they told me they had all preordered mp10's in stock and enough to cover said orders and were shipping them out the following day. I've been getting a runaround quite a bit. I asked them this several times and got the same answer from several people. Preorders are covered under their most recent shipment of mp10s. Mp40s and some of the lights are still not in. I'm hoping Monday brings a tracking number because at this point I can't tell if they're just telling me nonsense or what. Their original response for the delay when I contacted them on the 18th was because of COVID and thats why they at the time were out of stock. It really is a pain in the rear.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been talking to them for the past week about an mp10 I ordered on July 4th (Originally had an ETA of July 18th) . As of Thursday they told me they had all preordered mp10's in stock and enough to cover said orders and were shipping them out the following day. I've been getting a runaround quite a bit. I asked them this several times and got the same answer from several people. Preorders are covered under their most recent shipment of mp10s. Mp40s and some of the lights are still not in. I'm hoping Monday brings a tracking number because at this point I can't tell if they're just telling me nonsense or what. Their original response for the delay when I contacted them on the 18th was because of COVID and thats why they at the time were out of stock. It really is a pain in the rear.
Yes. And I feel like this is unacceptable. I believe they have a superior product for sure but it is not ok to ignore people or give them the run around. These types of companies will eventually fail. Once there is a competitor that is similar or equal in performance then y would people have to to deal with their bs. Why can’t they just simply give you a date based on your order? Mine was July 25 and now aug 22 so I canceled my mp40s but now stuck trying to convince myself to order tunze or nero

U

User1

View Badges
For instance everyone will agree that the vortechs are the best but how far off are the tunze’s?

Not everyone. That is a pretty big line to be drawn. It is the hobbyist opinion that they may be the best. Just like my opinion that the Sea Swirls are the best. Who doesn't like no visible cords in or around their display panes? I'm also biased and prefer gyres for the flexibility of flow direction and position possibilities not to also mention minimal cord in display.

I was originally looking at Ecotech's return pumps. They saw the issue they had. They fixed it with a redesign. Stood by their product. Sounds like great support. Still, threw me off. Look at the G5 launch. Some reported loud fans and cracked bottom plastic covering LED's. More complaints and they came through and fixed it. Still, problems on launch. You can also read similar with the dosing head. I'm sure that will get fixed as well.

I do agree they stand by their products but to say best? Opinion just like all the others we say are the best.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not everyone. That is a pretty big line to be drawn. It is the hobbyist opinion that they may be the best. Just like my opinion that the Sea Swirls are the best. Who doesn't like no visible cords in or around their display panes? I'm also biased and prefer gyres for the flexibility of flow direction and position possibilities not to also mention minimal cord in display.

I was originally looking at Ecotech's return pumps. They saw the issue they had. They fixed it with a redesign. Stood by their product. Sounds like great support. Still, threw me off. Look at the G5 launch. Some reported loud fans and cracked bottom plastic covering LED's. More complaints and they came through and fixed it. Still, problems on launch. You can also read similar with the dosing head. I'm sure that will get fixed as well.

I do agree they stand by their products but to say best? Opinion just like all the others we say are the best.
Yes true they have had a lot of problems with almost all of their product launches. Do you think that shows their lack of attention to quality? I think I just want to believe they are the best to just have a go to for quality and reliability. Sort of how I look at Apple products. I think the reefing world needs one too and I can tell you as a brand new reefer doing research I was made to believe that ecotech is the apple in reefing. But you are right they have had almost all products fail to some level at launch but to their credit they have fixed the issues and helped everyone during the process.
idk I was looking into the gyres too tbh but I wasn’t sure I can get enough flow placing gyres just at the top of the tank. I mean my tank isn’t even that big (4x2x2)

U

User1

View Badges
Yes true they have had a lot of problems with almost all of their product launches. Do you think that shows their lack of attention to quality? I think I just want to believe they are the best to just have a go to for quality and reliability. Sort of how I look at Apple products. I think the reefing world needs one too and I can tell you as a brand new reefer doing research I was made to believe that ecotech is the apple in reefing. But you are right they have had almost all products fail to some level at launch but to their credit they have fixed the issues and helped everyone during the process.
idk I was looking into the gyres too tbh but I wasn’t sure I can get enough flow placing gyres just at the top of the tank. I mean my tank isn’t even that big (4x2x2)

Do I think it shows their lack of attention to quality or details? Yes, I do. This is just my opinion. To put it into perspective I would not sit in the capsule on a rocket they are launching to reach low earth orbit...

The data shows a trend. I'm not a fan of trends like that but it is just my personal preference. Great support or not I'm just not a fan.

But back to topic - sounds like products are in stock so hopefully you snagged the before the rest of the people did!

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I think it shows their lack of attention to quality or details? Yes, I do. This is just my opinion. To put it into perspective I would not sit in the capsule on a rocket they are launching to reach low earth orbit...

The data shows a trend. I'm not a fan of trends like that but it is just my personal preference. Great support or not I'm just not a fan.

But back to topic - sounds like products are in stock so hopefully you snagged the before the rest of the people did!
Yup. This delay is giving me 2nd thoughts about their products in general and since I decided to go with the apex I am looking at other options as well.
Also I thought it was all back but looks like it’s only the vectra pumps. The rest still says preorder until 8/22

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I figured especially after their heater controller looked exactly like the inkbird. But honestly you must agree that allllll these high end expensive companies all have products that are superior to the rest but only minor benefits from one to the next in the same level. For instance everyone will agree that the vortechs are the best but how far off are the tunze’s? Maybe you would pay 100$ more but combine that with poor customer service is it still worth getting the mp over the tunze for at most 10% better performance? At least with brs I know they put their name behind a product which means it has to be a quality product and they respond and care about their customers who are paying their hard earned money. Sorry I went a bit too long but I just can’t believe the type of service we accept just because of quality products.

Sorry, but I don’t agree with ANY of that. Companies that make products at the high end of the price range may outperform less expensive alternatives .... or they may not. I’ll bet there are plenty of reefers that prefer Tunze over vortech. BRS are just as likely to be affected by COVID related supply interruptions as ETM, or Neptune, or .... well, you get the idea. My own personal experience with ETM customer service over a number of years has been consistently fine. I like and use some of their stuff; don’t particularly like or use others.

Also, keep in mind that although ETM products may be ‘made’ in the US, a lot of the parts that they use come from other countries, and different tiers of suppliers. If a supplier failed to provide a key part on time then everything gets delayed and your BRS order gets pushed out a month. You can get in a snit over it or just accept that it’s the way of things for a while.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but I don’t agree with ANY of that. Companies that make products at the high end of the price range may outperform less expensive alternatives .... or they may not. I’ll bet there are plenty of reefers that prefer Tunze over vortech. BRS are just as likely to be affected by COVID related supply interruptions as ETM, or Neptune, or .... well, you get the idea. My own personal experience with ETM customer service over a number of years has been consistently fine. I like and use some of their stuff; don’t particularly like or use others.

Also, keep in mind that although ETM products may be ‘made’ in the US, a lot of the parts that they use come from other countries, and different tiers of suppliers. If a supplier failed to provide a key part on time then everything gets delayed and your BRS order gets pushed out a month. You can get in a snit over it or just accept that it’s the way of things for a while.
True but for instanced I would put tunze in the same category as vortech. I know it’s a little cheaper but it’s not like hydor cheaper or jebao cheaper.
I know and I know the delays in production isn’t something they can control during these times. I was honestly more upset at emailing them a third time for one question. But I guess we have to just be ok with little to no service because we are in a “pandemic”

U

User1

View Badges
But I guess we have to just be ok with little to no service because we are in a “pandemic”

Yes, and no. It depends on the service and if it is entity essential. Honestly not trying to split hairs but it really does depend. I think yes on one hand we should all be ok with delayed shipping and supply chain disruptions on non essential items. On the other hand I do not think it is ok to not have service on first responders, plumbing, HVAC, and other critical services.

I understood the toilet paper shortage. I did not understand and agree with the toilet paper hoarding and people trying to mark up and make a few bucks. Neptune trident reagents. I understand the reason for the delay so it isn't a big deal. I understand all major shipping companies are not guaranteeing over night delivery. I adjust and may or may not order livestock.

We all just have to decide what line we set or threshold. So yeah - ok with little disruption. Hopefully your build has wiggle room so you can get what you want.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and no. It depends on the service and if it is entity essential. Honestly not trying to split hairs but it really does depend. I think yes on one hand we should all be ok with delayed shipping and supply chain disruptions on non essential items. On the other hand I do not think it is ok to not have service on first responders, plumbing, HVAC, and other critical services.

I understood the toilet paper shortage. I did not understand and agree with the toilet paper hoarding and people trying to mark up and make a few bucks. Neptune trident reagents. I understand the reason for the delay so it isn't a big deal. I understand all major shipping companies are not guaranteeing over night delivery. I adjust and may or may not order livestock.

We all just have to decide what line we set or threshold. So yeah - ok with little disruption. Hopefully your build has wiggle room so you can get what you want.
Ya like you said we kinda have no choice. Thankfully mine is a new build and not an emergency situation that can affect live stock. But i was just so excited and ready to buy but now I have a delayyyyy. Patience is a virtue lol

sas226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. This delay is giving me 2nd thoughts about their products in general and since I decided to go with the apex I am looking at other options as well.
Also I thought it was all back but looks like it’s only the vectra pumps. The rest still says preorder until 8/22

The delay is due to COVID-19. California was shut down for almost 3 months, Ecotech marine is not an essential business. I'm all for hating delays but what would you have them do? Defy the order?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back