ECOTECH delays :(

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello beautiful people.

So since I have started my tank build I have learned A LOT. After much research I finally decided to go with the ecotech line. Of course because of the time I took to decide now I can’t find any of their products. Im assuming the reason there is nothing available is because of their factory shutdown due to covid. I have my tank ready for the vectra, xr15 G5’s, mp40s and the versa but BRS just changed my delivery from July 25 to aug 22. Does anyone know what’s actually going on or if it is going to be available aug 22 for 100 percent?

thank you all...and wouldn’t mind if someone from ecotech can chime in.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot BRS a email and ask them why. That's what I would do.
I’ll try that. I already had them refund me bc I didn’t want to wait that long. Thinking of going varios, tunze pumps and Dos. I can wait on the lights as I’m gonna try to do the 4 month brs hybrid cycle

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll try that. I already had them refund me bc I didn’t want to wait that long. Thinking of going varios, tunze pumps and Dos. I can wait on the lights as I’m gonna try to do the 4 month brs hybrid cycle

Good choices, especially given the VarioS can be controlled by the Apex via 0-10v. Better warranty too.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good choices, especially given the VarioS can be controlled by the Apex via 0-10v. Better warranty too.
Thanks. Yea I was trying to avoid buying the apex and stick to almost all mobius but oh well apex looks cooler anyways

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar situation. Disappointed in the lack of communication.
Yes honestly it’s ridiculous. Paying that much for high end items one should receive high end service. I know they make quality items and that’s the reason why we pay so much more but they should also take care of the people interested in their products. I emailed ecotech 2 weeks ago and still haven’t gotten a response. I will try to call them as well but I just don’t think I should go chase people to spend 3-4k on their products. Writing this is actually making me reconsider using ecotech in general. I think for a company to have such poor service just shows their devotion to their customers and their products. For instance, the BRS team was gone for maybe a week or two before they started making videos again. I think it will be best for us to switch from radion to kessil (orphek customer service is even worse) and buy the Neptune pumps and dosers. Come on @Bulk Reef Supply make your own pumps and lights!!!

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the COR-20 return pump personally. Was in a similar situation but I was more concerned with getting MP40s before they received the Mobius update since I wanted to control with my Apex.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the COR-20 return pump personally. Was in a similar situation but I was more concerned with getting MP40s before they received the Mobius update since I wanted to control with my Apex.
I think you can still control them with Apex. I believe mobius will be a optional thing. Idk I just started looking into cor20 as well since I made the decision to poney up and buy the apex

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you can still control them with Apex. I believe mobius will be a optional thing. Idk I just started looking into cor20 as well since I made the decision to poney up and buy the apex
It’s a one or another thing and they actually stopped making the WXM so if you want to use it with Apex, would will need to find one ASAP.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a one or another thing and they actually stopped making the WXM so if you want to use it with Apex, would will need to find one ASAP.
Wow I didn’t know that so these mobius mp40s will be mobius only? Now that I’m buying a apex I would want pretty much everything to integrate. Or maybe the pumps running on a different power supply wouldn’t be to bad just in case the apex goes out.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I didn’t know that so these mobius mp40s will be mobius only? Now that I’m buying a apex I would want pretty much everything to integrate. Or maybe the pumps running on a different power supply wouldn’t be to bad just in case the apex goes out.
You can roll back the firmware if you want so it would work on an Apex. The WXM module will probably be made for at least another year or so as they had plenty of supplies, at least that’s what Terrence said when they announce it. After that, then it will be harder to get a WXM module. You may want it buy one now in case people start to freak out an hoard them.

The only thing BRS doesn’t have right now are the Versa pumps.:)

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my replacement controller from EcoTech and they had stated manufacturing issues due to COVID. So that sounds like why your ship date was pushed.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can roll back the firmware if you want so it would work on an Apex. The WXM module will probably be made for at least another year or so as they had plenty of supplies, at least that’s what Terrence said when they announce it. After that, then it will be harder to get a WXM module. You may want it buy one now in case people start to freak out an hoard them.

The only thing BRS doesn’t have right now are the Versa pumps.:)
I was just on their site all ecotech products say August 22. You have to click on them and then “pre-order” them. I did that once for July 25th (I had ordered beginning of July) and then July 25th came and now pushed to aug 22

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just on their site all ecotech products say August 22. You have to click on them and then “pre-order” them. I did that once for July 25th (I had ordered beginning of July) and then July 25th came and now pushed to aug 22
I just checked, my mistake, I didn’t look below.

I do know that Ecotech has said that the Covid issue has caused delays, but they are starting to ship again.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My XR15s has a month lead time and ended up shipping sooner than planned.
Ya I got 2 weeks before I really need the equipment. So I’ll wait and be patient. I know covid has effected everyone

U

User1

View Badges
Yes honestly it’s ridiculous.

It isn't. I understand "you" don't like it but the world is in a different place now due to the C-19 thing that is disrupting the world supply chain(s). Shipping, manufacturing, soup to nuts, everything is impacted. You remember when toilet paper was in short supply? Yeah, that is what we are talking about.

Paying that much for high end items one should receive high end service. I know they make quality items and that’s the reason why we pay so much more but they should also take care of the people interested in their products. I emailed ecotech 2 weeks ago and still haven’t gotten a response. I will try to call them as well but I just don’t think I should go chase people to spend 3-4k on their products. Writing this is actually making me reconsider using ecotech in general. I think for a company to have such poor service just shows their devotion to their customers and their products. For instance, the BRS team was gone for maybe a week or two before they started making videos again. I think it will be best for us to switch from radion to kessil (orphek customer service is even worse) and buy the Neptune pumps and dosers. Come on @Bulk Reef Supply make your own pumps and lights!!!

This is going to sound harsh but if you are rethinking products based on this then you have bigger issues. Honestly, I don't understand this and it makes zero sense.

Here is the deal. Look at all resellers and see what they have in stock. Search engine the crap out of it and if the general results come back August then you need to make some decisions. Me? No big deal I order what I can and wait for the rest. If I can't order then get on notification alerts. Still questionable then use the various web tools for stock alerts.

But please note this isn't unique to Ecotech. This is a bump in the road while the world works through c19.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't. I understand "you" don't like it but the world is in a different place now due to the C-19 thing that is disrupting the world supply chain(s). Shipping, manufacturing, soup to nuts, everything is impacted. You remember when toilet paper was in short supply? Yeah, that is what we are talking about.

This is going to sound harsh but if you are rethinking products based on this then you have bigger issues. Honestly, I don't understand this and it makes zero sense.

Here is the deal. Look at all resellers and see what they have in stock. Search engine the crap out of it and if the general results come back August then you need to make some decisions. Me? No big deal I order what I can and wait for the rest. If I can't order then get on notification alerts. Still questionable then use the various web tools for stock alerts.

But please note this isn't unique to Ecotech. This is a bump in the road while the world works through c19.
That is all up to you my friend. The standard you hold people and companies accountable to is your own decision. I own 3 large companies myself and my number one goal is service. No matter the situation there shouldnt be a 2 week lag in responding to an email. Again how you decide who gets your hard earned money is up to you. I like to pay for quality and service no matter the price tag. Quality and service are my nonnegotiables and I think it is very reasonable to be upset at not getting a response to my email. I don’t mind waiting bc I understand production delays. Anyways all this is mute now because brs just emailed me and all ecotech is back in stock. :)

Dvanlier05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello beautiful people.

So since I have started my tank build I have learned A LOT. After much research I finally decided to go with the ecotech line. Of course because of the time I took to decide now I can’t find any of their products. Im assuming the reason there is nothing available is because of their factory shutdown due to covid. I have my tank ready for the vectra, xr15 G5’s, mp40s and the versa but BRS just changed my delivery from July 25 to aug 22. Does anyone know what’s actually going on or if it is going to be available aug 22 for 100 percent?

thank you all...and wouldn’t mind if someone from ecotech can chime in.
I just got an email from BRS saying Vectra return pumps are back in stock. Not sure about the rest of their products but I'm sure they will back in stock soon

Back