Ecotech doesn’t reply. Support form isn’t working or they just don’t care?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tommy's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not foreign to talk with someone.
Why should I call to someone that for support ask my email, address, phone number and sends me a reply like this:
“Thank you for contacting EcoTech Marine’s Customer Support Department. Your request (#xxxxxx) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. You should receive a response from a customer support representative within 1 business day of submitting your request.”

The first ticket I’ve open was Oct,3!!!
your right everything is done by email these days. If they were professional they'd send u an email back or even look at this post

coil1002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I do not spend money on eco tech products. I see too many cracked magnet metal leaching into the water, and bad customer service posts to justify spending that kind of money on there pumps.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
your right everything is done by email these days. If they were professional they'd send u an email back or even look at this post
No, not everything is done by email.
When you see the majority of people say to call them to get the best results and you still refuse, then it's on you.

leicaguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had terrible experience with ecotech service, brand new pump did not work eventually they called back said it wasn't recently bought etc etc etc Then they said they had found the pump in their system, and also to their credit replaced the part that was faulty on the vortech! (the part not the whole pump) To be honest I now wish I had bought panta rhei and giesemann left such a bad feeling with me the way I was treated.

Chevyaddiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did everyone read right past the part where the OP said he was in Europe? Depending on tech support wait time, that might be one expensive phone call. If their products are sold in other countries, they should either have support there or they should answer emails.

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, not everything is done by email.
When you see the majority of people say to call them to get the best results and you still refuse, then it's on you.

If Ecotech went to the trouble of setting up a support ticket system using Zendesk add that is listed on their website as the main method for contacting support, it’s hardly unreasonable that people use it. If Ecotech fail to provide support via that channel that reflects poorly on them as a company. End of

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 3x battery backup units fail in 18 months. One was a replacement and as it failed 3 months outside of the *original* 12 month purchase date, even though it was *too hot to touch*, after physically returning it and two follow-up emails over two weeks, the distributor here in Australia passed on this email:

‘Ecotech say the warranty is over’.

I was offered a ‘goodwill replacement’ for $260. Retail is $300. I was disgusted by this.

I complained to Ecotech (by the support system) and was shocked when the email disappeared from my inbox. I’m a web developer so was intrigued and discovered that zendesk allows tickets/emails to be withdrawn…

Assuming a mistake I posted it again - addressed to Tim Marks - including serial numbers and prior ticket numbers. Again, deleted.

I then posted it to the Ecotech Reef2Reef forum. It picked up about 500 vjews before they deleted that also.

Ecotech are a joke outfit ran by clowns. They’ll take your money but do t expect anything closely resembling responsibility or service.

FWIW I later had the battery replaced and a new float charger for $130. Ecotech are a rip off.

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did everyone read right past the part where the OP said he was in Europe? Depending on tech support wait time, that might be one expensive phone call. If their products are sold in other countries, they should either have support there or they should answer emails.

Generally it is wise to put everything in writing these days anyway.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to the ecotech website and submitted another ticket on the issue. We'll see if this one gets answered.

So I did get an answer, here it is.

Thank you for contacting EcoTech Marine. If your VorTech disconnects from it's parent from time to time, power cycling both pumps would be a good troubleshooting step. That said, if you encounter the issue again, please contact us at that time and we would be happy to look into the issue further.

Not particularly satisfied by this response, and the ticket has been "closed" and the issue "solved". I've cycled power on these things like 20 times now over the months and hasn't done anything. I'm going to "re-open" the ticket since I finally got a response.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just called ecotech a few minutes ago, Chris answered and took awesome care of me. My vectra M1 was out of warranty by a few weeks and he told me not to worry about it. They are sending me a replacement pump.

Try the email listed earlier. That's what chris emailed me from.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They worked with me no problems sorting my user error issue.

In over 2 years i bought a spare wetside and they run so well i bought a second one plus 3x bacl up batteries.

Easier to clean cause all you have to do is get wetside, easy to repair because its modular and you dont have to replace whole unit.

I like the wide flow Better than my Neptune wav pattern....correction, the corals like it better.

OP
OP
Alfrareef

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting.
What kind of company do they run....
Tomorrow I’ll send new email.

OP
OP
Alfrareef

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if I’m not satisfied with the answer, finally they’ve reply... the “Attention Alex” tip has worked!
Thank you all for the help and attention provided.

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a M1 fail recently after installing it. They made me run a ton of tests but I complied. Eventually they folded and sent me a whole new pump. Damaged box and no plastic wrapping but it seemed brand new. Has been wokring perfect since.
I got the fastest reponses and actions when I called them. IMO pretty good customer service with a great warranty policy

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I have never had a problem with Ecotech
All my stuff was out of warranty by a couple months and I got a replacement l1 and M1 and the l1 was given to me.

I just recommend telling them the truth(they know when u bought it and if u have a reeflink they know how it’s being run in your tank) and being polite

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Ecotech went to the trouble of setting up a support ticket system using Zendesk add that is listed on their website as the main method for contacting support, it’s hardly unreasonable that people use it. If Ecotech fail to provide support via that channel that reflects poorly on them as a company. End of
Agreed. It’s “ on him?” Because he’s on another continent and sent an email to one of the alleged upper echelon companies in the hobby about a product issue and voiced frustration that he has been ignored? I’ll never buy another Ecotech product, but not because of this person’s tale. I used to have a beer fridge with two failed MP20’s and and MP40 before I threw them all in the trash.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back