Ecotech M1 Turning on / off

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning at 3:00 a.m. I woke up to my main return pump, an Ecotech M1 turning on, off, on, off etc.. I messed around with it but couldn't get it working. Fortunately, I bought a Neptune COR 20 during Black Friday, so I swapped it out, thankful that I decided to spend money on an extra return pump.

Has anyone experienced this issue with the M1? It's the weekend, so I'm going to call Ecotech next week.. my hunch is the power adapter or motor is failing.. hopeful it's the adapter. It's been in use for about 17 months.

I think I'll keep the COR 20 installed, hopefully fix the M1 and use it as a backup.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How aweful it is to need a spare pump when you buy such expensive pump...that's the theme with vectra owners..they need plan b

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just turning on and off because of software or is the propeller getting seized? In my m1 the plastic around the propeller was swelling and causing it to stop. I now have 2 m1's just in case. Ecotech replaced it free of charge but I had to buy a new one since I couldn't wait for a replacement through the mail

OP
OP
amazongb

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How aweful it is to need a spare pump when you buy such expensive pump...that's the theme with vectra owners..they need plan b

Couldn't agree more. I thought the M1 was a solid pump when I bought it, then later reviews showed quite a few failures..

OP
OP
amazongb

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just turning on and off because of software or is the propeller getting seized? In my m1 the plastic around the propeller was swelling and causing it to stop. I now have 2 m1's just in case. Ecotech replaced it free of charge but I had to buy a new one since I couldn't wait for a replacement through the mail

It got a full cleaning last weekend during my routine water change.. I've kept it fairly pristine..seems like the pump can spin okay.. I'm thinking the power adapter or motor..

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't agree more. I thought the M1 was a solid pump when I bought it, then later reviews showed quite a few failures..
I ended up removing my L1 after discovering that the flow it produce is absolutely horrible. Got me an RD3 80 which gave me double the flow compared to the l1 in the same setup.
Now my skimmer also work better since my return flow improved alot.

OP
OP
amazongb

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up removing my L1 after discovering that the flow it produce is absolutely horrible. Got me an RD3 80 which gave me double the flow compared to the l1 in the same setup.
Now my skimmer also work better since my return flow improved alot.

Wow, that's a really nice pump you have there..

Sparkymarc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would maybe check the plug on the power supply because I had a similar problem with a Mp40wqd and I think they use the same kind

Back