Ecotech/ mobius issues wont connect

Contractor_Chris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I've searched, and I posted in the ecotech area but who knows if they read that. Here is my issue. Is makes ZERO SENSE. And about to have a 6piece sale!

I need some help.i bought two xr30 lights and they linked up as long as I tried to do them one at a time (trying both at once it wouldn't work). I then bought a 3rd radion xr30 and tried to add it and it kept giving me a prompt it couldn't connect to Bluetooth even though it did and updated. I tried restarting everything including lights and phone. Wouldn't work. Then I decided to make a "new tank" and it connected instantly no problem. Forgot it and tried to add it to the other and again NOPE!

I got annoyed deleted it all and put it away (tank still isn't set up). I originally bought 1 mp40 and then bought two more. So today I figured I'd add em all, and once again same thing. Couldn't add more then 1 pump per tank. I'd get the same bluetooth can't connect message. Yet if I created a separate tank for each they would all connect without an issue. what the heck!

I refuse to have a different tank profile for each piece of equipment.

Screenshot_20240107_181605_Gallery.jpg

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmmm. Sounds like something weird is happening. Maybe somebody else will chime in. I’ve never had that problem and I was able to run all of my equipment under one profile.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The day it first did this was a week ago, and the day I installed mobius and created my acount. It's up to date
But maybe it didn't upload properly so the app is malfunctioning especially if you are using gen 6 lights. I would delete it then go back and reinstall it. Then log in delete your tank and start over with new tank set up. My mobius has been flawless for 3 years now.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your saying the issue may be they need updated mutiple times? Why would they connect to a new tank though but not one with another something on it?
Because they refuse to talk to each other via Mobius when there are different firmware versions. Don't know about radions, but for sure with mp40's in my case.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back