Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the different options, but no details on the individual options. Where did you find out about the 8 vs 6 channels. Personally I don't need 8 channels but am interested in if the leds changed
Scroll down or go through the pictures. It says that the A8 and SE are based on the G5 and the Pro is based on the G6. There's more info than that but that was the biggest take away for me.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll check ot out again , looking on my pH I didn't catch that. Just found the list of light name options and hanging options.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll check ot out again , looking on my pH I didn't catch that. Just found the list of light name options and hanging options.
Screenshot_20240117-001955.png

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If they really copied the G6 spectrum mix, and upped it to 8 channels of control... Man...

With a better app, there'd be no reason to pay Radion money for a Radion. :D

Now if only they'd make an XR15 knock-off! I feel like that'd be even more useful to a lot of people. Especially those of us with nano tanks. ;)

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im lazy and don't want to read through all 20 pages, anyone on here using these ???

I run viparspectars, radions and T5s . Was thinking of getting red of my T5s and adding 3 more viparspectras and I came across this light.

There are 2 threads here about the light, this one and another you can find here...

There are several people using the light with mostly good experiences (I think one got a faulty light and is returning/exchanging it). The only common complaint seems to be that the app... isn't great. If you're considering them, it'd definitely be worth reading through both threads.

JONEUO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can appreciate dataless opinions, but more often than not, they're just opinions. This is a similarly priced Gen 6 XR15 with all channels at 100 ghosted over the A8. The Gen 6 is narrower but does have a higher relative 420 bump and the red. Whites are obviously higher, too, placing the A8 is between the Pro and the Blue.
1668945694920.png
Isn't it amazing? Has anyone taken a closer look? In fact, it is a spectrum in which the blue region is quite thick. It looks thicker than the XR15, except for the 420 bump in the sub-450 area. The shoulder part of the 450-500 spectrum is also thicker in the A8. Would it be a stretch to say that the blue area below 500 is richer? Is your test model the A8? Is it a8se?

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't it amazing? Has anyone taken a closer look? In fact, it is a spectrum in which the blue region is quite thick. It looks thicker than the XR15, except for the 420 bump in the sub-450 area. The shoulder part of the 450-500 spectrum is also thicker in the A8. Would it be a stretch to say that the blue area below 500 is richer? Is your test model the A8? Is it a8se?
A8, not A8se. Sorry, but "richer" isn't something I can quantify.

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right. It's not that simple, is it? Thank you for leaving the spectrum information!
If by richer you mean sub-450nm, then they are very similar, but if compared to something like the ReeFi Uno 2 Pro, both are lacking.

JONEUO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If by richer you mean sub-450nm, then they are very similar, but if compared to something like the ReeFi Uno 2 Pro, both are lacking.

1706236337954.png

sorry, I captured it because I didn't know how to use multiple citations.

When I first saw the A8 spectrum you posted,

The thicker part around 450~500 also appears to be the spectrum of A8.

There may be other quality factors such as discoballs or light mixing, but the spectrum in the blue area seems to be thicker than that of the XR15.

Although there is a difference in budget, I will also study the ReeFi Uno 2 Pro lighting you introduced.

Last edited:

Redrider001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have a current video of the app. 1st question is it in English.
How terrible is it.

Redrider001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video, never find one.
English yes for the most util part (90%) lol
Working good
@Patx so you have the lights? I was referring to a light user sharing a video of the app. I want to pull the trigger but I already dealt with a terrible app.

JONEUO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the blue version for 215usd and received it yesterday. It was successfully mounted on the Hydra holder.

And first of all, we confirmed that the MEAN WELL voltage stabilizer is genuine.

The application worked well, but some Chinese words had to be captured and looked up using the Google Translate app. It's definitely an inconvenience, though. The functions of the buttons are memorized, so there is no problem in using them. There is also a tab where you can share light settings, so you can view the light settings posted by other people. And to use the application, you must scan and down app the QR code in the enclosed manual for all functions to work smoothly.

1000017602.jpg

1000017603.jpg

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the blue version for 215usd and received it yesterday. It was successfully mounted on the Hydra holder.

And first of all, we confirmed that the MEAN WELL voltage stabilizer is genuine.

The application worked well, but some Chinese words had to be captured and looked up using the Google Translate app. It's definitely an inconvenience, though. The functions of the buttons are memorized, so there is no problem in using them. There is also a tab where you can share light settings, so you can view the light settings posted by other people. And to use the application, you must scan and down app the QR code in the enclosed manual for all functions to work smoothly.

1000017602.jpg

1000017603.jpg
what "blue" version? As far as I know they all copy the Radion's G5 and G6 Pro light spectrum mix meaning more White LEDs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back