Ecotech radion g5 knock off found!

Fa Fa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh. I understand. I dropped the Kessils for the exact reason. I don’t think spotlights make for great primary lighting sources either.

The software is a bummer. I wrote a post about how you can easily use a second phone and google translate to program the Chinese app if you decide to take another shot at it.

Im interested in PAR numbers. That’s what we are all here for I suppose. I have 2 more A7’s on order and I’m thinking about setting up a little testing station and using the PAR meter for a full review.
Interesting, I'll be waiting for the review

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one is less a Radion knockoff, but you can definitely see the influence. The color choices for the LEDs is what caught my attention and, at 150w, it falls right smack in between the XR15 and XR30, while being $100+ cheaper than the XR15.

LEDs: 56 pcs

UV 395-400nm: 2 pcs
Purple 415-420nm: 2 pcs
Deep blue: 440-445nm: 8 pcs
Blue 460-465m: 12 pcs
Light blue 470-475nm: 14 pcs
Cyan 480-490nm: 6 pcs
Green 520-525nm: 6 pcs
Red 620-625nm: 6 pcs
Warm white 3000K: 6 pcs
Cold white 8500K: 6 pcs

1679574062154.png

1679574110851.png

1679574144124.png

Aquarium lowcost is where I found the a8 ( not the se model) for 375.00 with mount bracket. The bracket and arm to be specific. The parts I believe radion charges an extra 100.00 or more for.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

330.00 with the mount bracket, which cost what 100.00 each from radion?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is dif from a8 & a8se
As posted above by telegraph, the se ( initials could be off) is the one without the meanwell driver and off brand led diodes. The a8 and the one I linked use the meanwell driver ( best on the market) and name brand diodes.

luiz270401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an A8s and I'm having difficulty understanding how the app works. Could anyone who has already configured an A8s, A8se or A7 help me?

harper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering these for my next lights primarily because Mobius use so bad. Ecotech seems forever trapped in early 2000 wifi hell.

Cpc83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
0   1   1
After reading 20 pages these things come to mind:
1) it's clear most don't know the actual definition used by companies to comply with made in America
2) if you knew the definition you would know all a manufacturer has to do is change one component and change its original design to meet made in America
3) everyone says knock off this etc but 99% of the lights used in today's reefing are knock off designs off horticulture lights that a few diodes have been replaced to achieve the color we want.
4) yes mobius sucks right along with neptune which are all owned by the same company
5) why is everyone disregarding actual people who have no skin in the game to side with marketers of a supplier whose main goal is to get you to spend money with them and no one else(watch most of the first 52 weeks and then watch the investigate videos and see them most of time trash what they sold you a year ago to use the newest one out there)
6) we keep saying China black box and fire and 99% of the lights are made in China and just such how many ai primes have melted the lens, now ask yourself why is ok for a name brand to melt but heaven forbid a black box do it. FYI the name brand has the certs that keep getting thrown around.
7) many of us run neptune controllers many in the cabinet with sump and these aren't even rated for high humidity environments
8) now ask yourself if you could buy a light for 300-400 and 20$ worth of diodes and swap a few and get the same color spectrum in a hour why would you nor? Oh its because ecotech tells you assembled in Pennsylvania. It's right there in front of you saying we buy all our stuff from Alibaba and slap it together here.( example I work for government had to adhere to buy American ordered a piece of 300k equipment only to have to laugh when I peeled the made in America sticker off and under was "hecho in Mexico" when we asked the company what was up they told us the truth unit made in Mexico tested in Mexico control panel removed and crated sent across border and re attached to unit and low and behold meets federal made in America laws and regs.

Point is so many have made this hobby about name brands instead of about the things inside the tank. The only name brands we really should care about if ORA, biota, and a few other actual captive bred or 100% aquacultured vendors. That is what will make this hobby be able to keep moving. Many countries including the US are actively trying to stop importing wild caught and some countries have stopped the ability to harvest these animals but let's continue to argue over names all while they take money way over what the product is worth from you and laugh in our faces majority of time. I can buy a led fixture that is made to be in rain, sleet, snow, etc and get 50k hr warranty on it for what we pay for a light that has 1yr ( around 3k hr warranty). How can a manufacturer selling me that light with a meanwell driver and Cree diodes mind you way more turn what is any of our lights about to sell me that and warranty it exposed to elements while a light that sits in your house can only be warrantied for one year? Oh and by the way if my light goes out they send me whole array or driver to replace it. Make it make sense oh wait it does because to many are focused on name brand and will pay the price to essentially get spit on. Rant over thanks

d5332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone.
Today I tried buying the A8PRO but the sellers I contacted indicated the app is in Chinese only.

Can anyone share the link you used to purchase your A8 lights with app with language adjustment?

Thank you

Patx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone.
Today I tried buying the A8PRO but the sellers I contacted indicated the app is in Chinese only.

Can anyone share the link you used to purchase your A8 lights with app with language adjustment?

Thank you
A8pro ?

I know a8, a8's... a8se... but can't find "a8pro"
A8 a8s a8se, AIPAI app is chinese/english

Patx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not heard of the pro designation ones either. It may just be a seller naming theirs that to differentiate from the rest .

antonio caminada

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Si tienes alguna pregunta sobre A8, por favor contáctame y te ayudaré. Mis amigos en China también tienen A7 y A8.

En cuanto a diseños falsificados/robados, diría que fue un placer disfrutar del tanque de arrecife por menos dinero.
Benas disculpame nose como programar ya que la instale la conecte al wifi pero no enciende la programación una vez que la coloco

Translation: Hello. Sorry, I don't know how to program since I installed it, I connected it to the Wi-Fi but it doesn't turn on the programming once I place it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.7%
Back