"Ecotech Radion LED's in doubt".....not able to promote (zooxanthellae) color in corals

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I forgot to mention I set brightness not the intensity so my par levels would be lower I guess[/QUOTE

Maybe I'm saying it wrong. Each channel has the ability to change color and then there's a bar for changing "overall" power. I'm running my lights on the SPS AB+ with BRBV @100%, W=27, R=17 and Green = 27 and one on "overall" intensity, which is @ 53%. This give me a par of @550 at my screen top, reading using a MW700 for lux measurement. I hope this clears up my confusion a little.:rolleyes:

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I forgot to mention I set brightness not the intensity so my par levels would be lower I guess
Neither, we only have two tanks in the whole shop that are even close to 90%. When we said 100% radions, what was meant, was we are running primarily radions fixtures.

OP
OP
stevediaz1

stevediaz1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither, we only have two tanks in the whole shop that are even close to 90%. When we said 100% radions, what was meant, was we are running primarily radions fixtures.

Oh ok got it so if your radions at 90% brightness sitting at 24 inches from water level I should be fine running at 45% brightness right?because I'm at 8-9 inches from the water level ami wrong ?

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok got it so if your radions at 90% brightness sitting at 24 inches from water level I should be fine running at 45% brightness right?because I'm at 8-9 inches from the water level ami wrong ?
I'm sorry I can't answer that accurately. Each tank is different depending on inhabitants, we have only two of our tanks that bright. Most of our tanks are 65% or lower with the same distance off the water. Sorry to be of some little help. Just start low you can only come up from there. It's hard to come back when things are badly bleached.

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry I can't answer that accurately. Each tank is different depending on inhabitants, we have only two of our tanks that bright. Most of our tanks are 65% or lower with the same distance off the water. Sorry to be of some little help. Just start low you can only come up from there. It's hard to come back when things are badly bleached.
I know this is an old thread, but I've been trying to understand the relationship between brightness and intensity. My lights are 8" from water level at 100% brightness using XR15's Gen3 SPS AB+ setting. When you say most your tanks run 65% or lower, does that refer to brightness or intensity?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back