EcoTech Versa Dosing Schedule

Johnson556

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently nixed my Apex and switched over to two Versa's for Calc/Alk.

At first, I didn't like how the DOS dispensed fluids continuously throughout the day but the stability was crazy. Now that I have these Versa's, I'm not too sure how to set them.

I currently have Alk set to start at 0:00 and end at 23:00 to dose 4ML of Alk over those 23hrs. Without setting 23-36 different points to dose, how can I set it to mimic what the apex did with lets say .10ML of fluid to be dispensed 40 times throughout the day.

Am I completely over thinking this or is there a way?

ariceneo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you have it
Put the time as you have and the. Tell it the total you want for full day and the app does that math and tells you in small print how fast it will dose it could be like 3ul and that way less the. mL lol So your setting sound good

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to figure this out myself. I was wondering if it is better to match the Apex program which was once very 40 minutes for 1.276ml. Is it recommended for a day long dose at that low level.

ArmyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the versa, do they talk to each other like the DOS? Meaning can you set both of them on the same schedule and they wont dose ALK, and CAL at the same time?

OP
OP
Johnson556

Johnson556

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont beleive so.

I have it now dosing 2.5ml more than my DOS did with way less corals in the system (25G). Alk is still dropping daily. Rrrreally want to like these but so far I'm not the biggest fan of the interface.

Maybe if I had my old system that needed to dose in excess of 100ml a day, but for now tbd.

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the versa, do they talk to each other like the DOS? Meaning can you set both of them on the same schedule and they wont dose ALK, and CAL at the same time?
Not at this time. I believe all of this is in the plan but for now it is either constant rate, automatic for a specific amount of a time period or manual schedule.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FYI from my understanding the DOS can and will dose two things at the same time. You must offset the starting times in order to avoid this...

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, right now the 2 options for the versa is constant and manual. There will be a 3rd option called auto (subject to change). Auto will take into account what you're dosing, alk, calc etc and will smartly dose them. Say for instance if you're dosing aminos, it will work with the lighting schedule to dose at the start of peak light. Or in the case of 2 part, it will space the 2 out so that there isnt a possibility of precipitation.

Based on users feedback, Mobius is expanding rapidly, we just have to be patient and wait for the software to catchup.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back