EcoTech Versa tube lifespan

ledvu12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t wait a few days for the replacement tubes so I took a chance on Amazon next day delivery after I saw very useful infos posted here.
Here is my very short experiment. I ordered this tube on Amazon and it worked very well since Sunday afternoon. It’s way to early to tell how long this tube will last but it seems to hold pressure well, very accurate and only $8 per 10ft :).
I calibrated a few times before running the CaRx again. I’m using two small zip ties to tie the ends and they seem to holding up well. The whole thing took about 5 minutes to replace.
In case the link doesn’t work. It’s 3/16 ID x 5/16 OD or 5mm x 8mm silicone tubing.

I think the original tube is Pharmed BPT. You can get it here if you have time to spare.
Good luck and happy reefing

chanson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t wait a few days for the replacement tubes so I took a chance on Amazon next day delivery after I saw very useful infos posted here.
Here is my very short experiment. I ordered this tube on Amazon and it worked very well since Sunday afternoon. It’s way to early to tell how long this tube will last but it seems to hold pressure well, very accurate and only $8 per 10ft :).
I calibrated a few times before running the CaRx again. I’m using two small zip ties to tie the ends and they seem to holding up well. The whole thing took about 5 minutes to replace.
In case the link doesn’t work. It’s 3/16 ID x 5/16 OD or 5mm x 8mm silicone tubing.

I think the original tube is Pharmed BPT. You can get it here if you have time to spare.
Good luck and happy reefing

Any update how the new tubing worked? Thanks

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update how the new tubing worked? Thanks
I'm not the person you asked the question to, but I picked up some of the Pharma tubing from US Plastics. So far so good. I ran a number of pre-tests before I started using it in the Versa pump for my CAL Rx. The only thing I am not exactly sure on is the length of the tubing. I measured the new tubing against the old tubing, but the old tubing was hard and it look like it had shrunk. So I had to guess at the length. If someone has the exact length that would be helpful. I found the Versa pump calibrated just fine and after running it for 24 hours, I rechecked the calibration and it was spot on. I did make sure to use the lube to lubricate the Pharma tubing.

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not the person you asked the question to, but I picked up some of the Pharma tubing from US Plastics. So far so good. I ran a number of pre-tests before I started using it in the Versa pump for my CAL Rx. The only thing I am not exactly sure on is the length of the tubing. I measured the new tubing against the old tubing, but the old tubing was hard and it look like it had shrunk. So I had to guess at the length. If someone has the exact length that would be helpful. I found the Versa pump calibrated just fine and after running it for 24 hours, I rechecked the calibration and it was spot on. I did make sure to use the lube to lubricate the Pharma tubing.
How is it still working out? I’m thinking about trying this out.

I bought some new versa pumps early this year and finally decided to set them up this month. But they barely prime and won’t hold the prime that long before I see the liquid reversing back into the container. I am pretty sure it’s because the tubing got warped sitting in the box being pinched by the rollers for months and can’t pinch the tubing properly anymore. They need to send these pumps without the tubing between the rollers.

I messaged ecotech about getting replacement tubing and they want me to send the entire pumps back in. The shipping would cost me the same as just buying new tubing. So I wanted to just buy my own new tubing but they are never in stock anywhere. It’s extremely frustrating.

So I think my best option is just to buy this tubing and do it myself. But I really wish ecotech would just send me some new tubing, so I didn’t have to jerry rig it myself.

Last edited:

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it still working out? I’m thinking about trying this out.

I bought some new versa pumps early this year and finally decided to set them up this month. But they barely prime and won’t hold the prime that long before I see the liquid reversing back into the container. I am pretty sure it’s because the tubing got warped sitting in the box being pinched by the rollers for months and can’t pinch the tubing properly anymore. They need to send these pumps without the tubing between the rollers.

I messaged ecotech about getting replacement tubing and they want me to send the entire pumps back in. The shipping would cost me the same as just buying new tubing. So I wanted to just buy my own new tubing but they are never in stock anywhere. It’s extremely frustrating.

So I think my best option is just to buy this tubing and do it myself. But I really wish ecotech would just send me some new tubing, so I didn’t have to jerry rig it myself.
If you do their warranty program where they charge your CC a $1, they will send you a new pump. They will also include a return shipping label.
So far so good with the pharma tubing I picked up.

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do their warranty program where they charge your CC a $1, they will send you a new pump. They will also include a return shipping label.
So far so good with the pharma tubing I picked up.
Hmmm didn’t see that as an option. This is what they sent me:

RMA Request Confirmation

First Steps:
Package the unit that you wish to return to EcoTech Marine for service. EcoTechMarine products are highly engineered and should be packaged with care.
For VorTech Pumps: Completely clean and dry the wet-side of your propeller pump before packaging. For MP10: Place rubber between dry-side and wet-side to avoid damage. For MP40: (for ES models)Adjust the pin spacer to storage setting to avoid damage. For QD models, place rubber between dry-side and wet-side to avoid damage. For MP60: Place a spacer onto the wet-side as well as another spacer onto the dry-side to avoid damage. Products damaged during shipping due to improper packaging will not be covered under warranty.

Print out a copy of this email to place along with your product when returning and write your RMA number clearly on the outside of the package.

Shipments from Customer to EcoTech

Please note that the customer is responsible for the shipping costs to EcoTech Marine for the return of the defective products(s). For proof of your item being delivered and received by EcoTech, it is suggested that the products(s) be shipped via a carrier. As an example, UPS, FedEx, or any other shipping method which yields a tracking number.

Shipments from EcoTech to Customer
For units that were serviced within the warranty period, EcoTech is responsible for the cost of shipping back to the customer. For units that are outside the warranty period, shipping charges must be covered by the customer. All shipments are shipped from Allentown, PA.

Once you have properly packaged your product and included a copy of this confirmation, ship defective unit to:

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm didn’t see that as an option. This is what they sent me:

RMA Request Confirmation

First Steps:
Package the unit that you wish to return to EcoTech Marine for service. EcoTechMarine products are highly engineered and should be packaged with care.
For VorTech Pumps: Completely clean and dry the wet-side of your propeller pump before packaging. For MP10: Place rubber between dry-side and wet-side to avoid damage. For MP40: (for ES models)Adjust the pin spacer to storage setting to avoid damage. For QD models, place rubber between dry-side and wet-side to avoid damage. For MP60: Place a spacer onto the wet-side as well as another spacer onto the dry-side to avoid damage. Products damaged during shipping due to improper packaging will not be covered under warranty.

Print out a copy of this email to place along with your product when returning and write your RMA number clearly on the outside of the package.

Shipments from Customer to EcoTech

Please note that the customer is responsible for the shipping costs to EcoTech Marine for the return of the defective products(s). For proof of your item being delivered and received by EcoTech, it is suggested that the products(s) be shipped via a carrier. As an example, UPS, FedEx, or any other shipping method which yields a tracking number.

Shipments from EcoTech to Customer
For units that were serviced within the warranty period, EcoTech is responsible for the cost of shipping back to the customer. For units that are outside the warranty period, shipping charges must be covered by the customer. All shipments are shipped from Allentown, PA.

Once you have properly packaged your product and included a copy of this confirmation, ship defective unit to:
I called ecotech directly.
this was an email response I received. I did the $1 exchange program. I don't see it listed on their website.

Ken,

Thanks for that information, and I can proceed with having your product replaced with a new one under warranty! To proceed, please give us a call to complete your warranty exchange. We can be reached by calling 610-954-8480 Ext. 2, and our phone lines are open from 9 am - 5 pm EST Monday-Friday.

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called ecotech directly.
this was an email response I received. I did the $1 exchange program. I don't see it listed on their website.

Ken,

Thanks for that information, and I can proceed with having your product replaced with a new one under warranty! To proceed, please give us a call to complete your warranty exchange. We can be reached by calling 610-954-8480 Ext. 2, and our phone lines are open from 9 am - 5 pm EST Monday-Friday.
Thanks, will give them a call.

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the amazon one and it works fine once it's properly lubricated. If it's not lubricated the motor can stall. It's pretty rigid tubing.

I ordered some pharma tubing and plan on replacing it when it comes in (it's been over a month since I ordered it and won't be in stock till December... hopefully...)

Jaelowen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tubing is 8mm X 4.8mm. One can buy PharMed BPT tubing on eBay from Kamoer.
I took the leaking 1st gen hose assembly apart and I don't see any reason why one could not replace the tubing. There is a considerable difference in pump output on the Kamoer between the silicon and PharMed tubing.
After spending $50 and waiting over a month for the tubing to ship from China I can confidently say that these measurements are incorrect. You can cram this tubing into the versa but it is such a tight fit that it can't spin with this tubing installed. My original versa tubing was too deformed to get measurements from so I foolishly put faith in the measurements listed here. Lesson learned.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If anyone here wants to sell there versas I would happily buy them, I know they have there issues but I just love the look of them and cannot stand coralvue (USA kamoer) they literally have the worst customer service and I spent 700$+ on the pro stepper T (versa knock off) and they all clicked and clacked and got stuck all the time, all within the first week of use for all 4 units I bought, I would rather pay to replace the tubing more often than have to deal with Jeremy from coralvue

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back