Ecotech Vortech Battery Backup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

skysunlimited

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in running a Vectra M2 on a Vortech battery backup. Does anyone have experience with this and can tell me how long the Vectra M2 can run on the backup? Also let me know what power setting the pump was on.

Mario P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The longest power outage ive had was about 5 hours and the battery backup worked the whole time. My pump usually runs at about 70% but when the pump is running on the battery backup the flow automatically decreases to a much slower rate that you can select in settings.

Doreno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The longest power outage I had for 8 hours with one vectra m2 and one mp10 on lowest speed (automatic mode when power is lost).

OP
OP
skysunlimited

skysunlimited

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The longest power outage ive had was about 5 hours and the battery backup worked the whole time. My pump usually runs at about 70% but when the pump is running on the battery backup the flow automatically decreases to a much slower rate that you can select in settings.
Have you tested how many hours it can go on the battery with a full charge?

OP
OP
skysunlimited

skysunlimited

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The longest power outage I had for 8 hours with one vectra m2 and one mp10 on lowest speed (automatic mode when power is lost).
have you tested how many hours the battery will last without external power?

Mario P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never tested but I did see specs on operation time if you use it with an ecotech powerhead. MP10-72 hrs, MP40- 36 hours, MP60 - 20 hrs.
I reduce the flow rate on my M2 so it will run longer on the battery. That being said, I also have a battery backup for my MP40’s.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you get the booster I imagine at least 12 hours. Return pumps are bed red but during an outage having your MP10/40 are more important

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just learned a hard lesson about the eco-tech battery back up in booster mode.

In Mobius the default is 0% when in battery backup mode. This needs to be updated while in battery back up mode so that the pump actually turns on. Who in the hell knows why they did that.

I was testing mine before going on vacation and could not figure it out for the life of me. I had just switched over from ReefLink to Mobius or I would not of thought of that.

C66228E5-7F2D-414D-A28F-AAE5D4ECF6D3.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back