redfishbluefish

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech Customer Service is the best!

They had gotten back to me the following day. They first told me that I did not want to do a firmware update, but instead a full factory reset, and sent these instructions:

To perform a full factory reset on your VorTech controller, please follow the steps below:

1) With the controller powered on, press and hold the "Mode" and Set" buttons until the dial blinks Red, White and Blue.
2) Press and hold the "Mode" button until dial blinks Red and Purple.
3) Press and Hold the "Mode" and "Power/Option" buttons until the pump powers off and resets.

I immediately responded back to them informing them that the above is for the newer controllers that have the "power/option" button. My old controller only has "mode" and "set" buttons. Within an hour or so they responded with this instruction for a soft reset (I guess full reset isn't an option on this old guy):

You can try to perform a soft reset by holding Mode and Set, then mode, and finally mode and set together.

Well, I tried this twice and no go for my controller. I've included both resets for those who might find this information useful with their malfunctioning Ecotech controllers. I am back to running correctly because of a generous local club member who gave me his old controller. :D

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back